Aliens Fireteam Elite was released just over a month ago and was currently struggling to keep the player base active. That's not to say it was a bad game per se, but it did have some questionable features that really divided the playerbase in terms of matchmaking, among other things. Maybe it had to do with the game's mixed reviews, but it wasn't that bad.
The latest patch has just been released and will hopefully add to the longevity of the game. Here are the patch notes below.
Aliens Fireteam Elite 1.11 Patch Notes
- Quickplay has been added to the game! Players can now queue for any campaign mission that matches their difficulty and challenge map preferences. This option becomes available once you have completed the full campaign.
- Improved animations for “Salute” and “Come Here” emotes while having a pistol equipped.
- Consumable turrets should now correctly display their elemental effects.
- Enemies should now be correctly tracked for the “Elimination: Elite Synthetics” and “Elimination: Pathogen Stalkers” Tactical Opportunities.
- Doc players should no longer see an unintended UI notification that they have recharged energy for their "Trauma Station" ability when canceling that ability.
- Improvements to support for ultra-wide displays.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent characters with large save files from properly loading into a mission.
- Players should no longer be prevented from using an aid kit when in range of a damaged turret.
- Optimized UI aspects of the “Anonymize Player Names” setting.
- Fixed the interaction range of an objective in the "Priority 1: Extract" mission. Players should no longer be able to interact through the ground.
- Fixed locations where AI companions could get stuck in world geometry during the "Priority 1: Extract" mission.
- Players should no longer be able to change their kit gear in unexpected situations.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent players from queuing for Horde Mode and some other missions while in a group.
This update was originally released last week for Xbox and Steam consoles. This update has just been rolled out for PlayStation 4 and 5 users, so they can now join in some quick play. The in-game search settings were stretched a little too much, making matchmaking nearly impossible. Hopefully now players will no longer be associated with bots.
For more information on the game and its previous patch notes, you can check here directly from the site or their official discord. Aliens Fireteam Elite is available on PlayStation 4 and 5, Xbox One and Series S/X, and PC via Steam.