Update 1.76 has arrived for Apex Legends and here is the full list of changes and fixes added with this patch.
On August 3, 2022, EA and Respawn Entertainment will release one of the biggest updates for Apex Legends. The Season 10 Emergence patch will be released and it includes a ton of new content.
One of the new additions to the game is a character named Seer. A new weapon and map update are also being released.
Along with the new content, the game will also have balance changes and lots of quality of life updates. Finally, the patch will be completed with numerous bug fixes.
You can read the full patch notes for the latest released update below.
Apex Legends Update 1.76 Patch Notes (Season 10 Emergence)
NEW LEGEND – SEER
With microdrones and an artist's eye, Seer spots opportunities other Legends might miss and seizes them in the most beautiful way possible. VS
Passive – Heart Seeker
See and hear the heartbeats of nearby enemies when aiming down sights to get a clue of their location. Seer is capable of "ADS" even if he is not holding a weapon.
Tactical – Center of Attention
Summon microdrones to emit a focused, delayed explosion that blasts through walls, revealing enemies (and their health bars!), and interrupting their actions.
Ultimate – Exhibition
Create a sphere of microdrones that reveal the tracks of enemies moving fast or firing their weapons inside.
Class Passive: Recon
Scanning topographic beacons reveals the location of the next circle.
After months of aggressive mining by the Harvester on World's Edge, the land is overmined, overloaded and pushed to its limits. The earth has fractured and shattered as nature reclaims what is hers. Hammond works to contain the damage they have caused with the help of weather-controlling machinery: the Air Conditioner quickly cools the surrounding area to subzero temperatures, and a Lava Siphon stabilizes the caldera. Fight for control of the ever-moving gondolas in Climatizer and Lava Siphon, navigate the bubbling lava with caution, and show everyone what legends are made of!
Read more about map changes in this blog post.
“>NEW WEAPON – RAMPAGE
Rampart's latest creation, the Rampage LMG, bursts onto the scene and has absolutely no thrills. This high powered heavy ammo LMG takes its time but packs a hell of a punch. The Rampage excels in mid-range combat but fights up close with a slower rate of fire. Not one to accept weakness, Rampart managed to modify the Rampage's internal combustion mechanism with, what else? Thermite! Loading a thermite grenade into the Rampage's special chamber overclocks the rate of fire and lets Legends go wild, well...
With the launch of the Emergence Update, we're introducing Ranked Arenas! You begin your journey through Ranked Arenas in 10 placement matches where your performance will determine your initial Match Rating (MMR) rating and your starting rating. The MMR variance is wider initially, so your first 10 matches can be stomped or stomped until your MMR defines your placement.
Arenas is a one-on-one battle between two teams of three, so assigning ranked Arena points is easier than in the 20-team Battle Royale. This means there is no entry cost and no AP for kills. It all comes down to getting the win.
That's just how high ranked arenas work.
QUALITY OF LIFE UPDATES
- Added a new badge: Win Streak. Can you get 2, 3, 4 or 5 wins in a row?
- Added a "Hold On" response to enemy pings.
- Added distinct sound effects to the Gold backpack revive. Visual effects were added in the Chaos Theory update. This gives extra feedback when players are close but not in line of sight for revives.
- Updated the Heirloom Shop to give players a better view of all items related to this item.
- Updated Open Pack button to display the number of packs of each type that can be opened. Highlighting the button shows full ventilation.
- Enemies caught inside Fuse's Ultimate Motherlode's ring of fire are now revealed to Fuse's team.
- Knuckle Cluster Tactical Explosion duration increased by 100%.
- Grenadier Passive can be toggled on and off to throw ammo normally.
Developer's Note: Fuse continues to struggle. We identified two opportunities to help him that weren't just about “doing more damage to him”. We think Apex is primarily a gun game, so we want to make sure we don't inflict too much damage on character abilities.
The first opportunity we identified was his tactics. Although it's designed as a persistent area denial tool, it currently doesn't last long enough to seriously bother an enemy. We've doubled the duration so you can now place one at a door and be reasonably sure no one will walk through that door for a little while. Although we doubled the duration, the damage per second remains the same. Please don't stay in the fire.
Second, his ultimate often didn't give his team an edge; of course you can grab enemies inside, but the flames kept you out and you also couldn't see the enemies you were trapping because the flames were in the way. We explored several ways to solve this problem, but ultimately settled on the simplest answer: you get enemy outlines as long as they stay inside the ring of fire.
- Reduced slowdown after initial black hole pull.
- Increased Horizon gravity lift speed to a happy medium between 9.1 and Legacy update launch values.
Developers' note: There's no doubt that the nerfs Horizon received with Legacy were necessary, but given time and hindsight, we decided we'd probably over-speeded his tactics. Instead of completely reversing that part of the nerf, we found a happy medium between how fast her gravity lift worked on the exit and how slow she was after the nerf. This one is hard to communicate with numbers, so give it a try and let us know what you think.
- There is now a visual and audio cue when Death Totem protection is about to end, which can be seen/heard by other players.
- Added a brief slow after being recalled to Death Totem.
- Gas damage starts at 5, increases by 1 every two ticks indefinitely.
- Tactic cooldown reduced from 25s -> 20s.
- Ultimate cooldown reduced from 3,5m -> 3m. Duration reduced from 20s -> 15s.
Caustic is a dangerous character to level up. Push it a little too far, and it quickly takes over the meta. Constantly fighting with gas is not fun, so we absolutely want to prevent it from becoming dominant again. That said, we're now convinced that the nerf that reduced his gas damage to 5 damage went too far. When you can sit in the gas and grab a syringe or two and it's okay, the gas isn't enough of a deterrent. So we went back to a scale model. This time we decided to let the damage increase a little slower. Instead of increasing by one every tick, we increase it by one every other tick. Damage isn't capped at the top here, but that's really very theoretical. Enemies will usually be dead by the time the gas reaches 11 damage per tick (unless you healed). The intended effect here is to make enemies feel a great urgency to get off the gas as soon as possible.
At the same time, we wanted to pay particular attention to Caustic's impact in late game circles at the highest level. Even with Ring 6 slowly closing in 100 seconds, we were worried about the effect a single caustic ult might have late game. We reduced its duration by 5 seconds. The ultimate represents Caustic's highest moment of power; his enemies have no way to counter him. 15 seconds is still a significant amount of time (and with the damage changes, 15 seconds is long enough to kill someone), but it should hopefully make fighting a caustic in the late game a little less frustrating.
FEED DROP ROTATION
This season the Prowler returns to floor loot and taking its place is the Spitfire M600. In addition to the Spitfire this season, another weapon will join the supply: the SMG alternator. See how each weapon changes below.
- Boosted Charger – Reloading near empty (but not to 0) increases reload speed and overloads the next magazine with extra rounds. This hop up will be equipable on the Hemlok Burst AR and the Wingman.
- To make room, the Anvil Receiver and Quickdraw Case are being vaulted at the moment.
FULLY KITED ROTATION
- Added: Peacekeeper, Rampage, RE-45, Flatline and Charge Rifle
- Removed: Wingman, Bocek, R99, Hemlock, and Sentinel
- The reload speed increase associated with magazines has been moved to the equivalent stock rarity level.
Magazines are the strongest source of lootable power for most weapons and this mostly comes in the form of ammo capacity. In addition to capacity, they also offered increased reload speed. We moved the reload speed buff to stocks to help increase stock value and spread our significant modifiers across our attachments.
- All stocks now provide increased reload speed (instead of magazines)
- Sniper Weapons (30-30 Repeater, G7 Scout, Triple-Take) now take sniper stocks instead of tactical stocks
- Sniper Stocks on Marksman Weapons will provide increased stability and reduced sway with slightly reduced handling bonuses (from Tactical Stocks)
Sniper stocks are an often lonely attachment left sitting on the floor waiting for a crack legend to come give them some love. Instead of lowering spawn rates to try and clean up the loot pool, we're putting them on Marksman Rifles to make them more appealing.
- Now takes Energy Magazines—Mags on the L-STAR work differently than other weapons due to its unique interaction with ammo. Instead, they will allow the L-STAR to fire more shots before it overheats and allow it to cool its heat buildup slightly faster.
- Now take barrels for recoil reduction
- Projectile visual effects scale reduced by roughly half
- Reduced first person impact effect intensity
- Hipfire spread increased
The L-STAR has undergone some changes in Emergence. We tried to improve the looting experience and expand the power of the L-STAR in later phases of the game. In addition to these attachment additions, the L-STAR also sees some VFX changes for readability in combat.
LIGHT MACHINE GUN
- Reduced headshot multiplier for all LMGs from 2,0 to 1,75
- Increased limbshot multiplier for all LMGs from 0,75 to 0,85
LMG spray-and-pray felt a bit too oppressive when grouping random headshots with a 2.0 damage modifier. We're reducing some of that headshot firepower, but adding some recoil by increasing limb damage. Unloading massive LMG mags to suppress your enemies should still be a valid tactic, we just rule the peaks and valleys to make it feel a bit more cohesive.
- Reduced handling time for all guns by approximately 10%
- Rise, holster, zoom in/out time
With the removal of the Quickdraw holster and the reload speed of magazines to stocks, the pistols took a bit of a hit. We're increasing their base handling, but we'll keep an eye on their performance as we move into emergence.
PROWLER BURST PDW
- Time between bursts increased from 0,2 to 0,24
The Prowler returns to the ground without its trusty sidekick, the Select Fire hop. But don't sleep on it, it's still a beast.
- Damage increased from 18 to 19
- Hip Fire Spread back to pre-nerf values in Season 8
- Purple magazine size increased from 50 to 55
We all woke up in cold sweats in the middle of the night from a nightmare where Rampart with two gold mag spitters chases you down the World's Edge train tracks laughing like a maniac as she shoots for the forever, right? … law? Well, for those of us who have, we will be able to sleep soundly for a while. The Spitfire takes its rightful place as a supply weapon this season. We've hit it a few times in recent patches and still want it to be a desirable supply weapon, so we're rolling back those nerfs while making it much harder to access.
- Reintroduced Disruptor Rounds that are equipped with a Supply Drop Alternator
- Disruptor Rounds – Increases shield damage by 40%
- Disruptive rounds can ONLYbe found on supply alternators
The Alternator joins the Spitfire in refueling with its old friend the Disruptor Rounds. Shield damage has decreased since we last saw Disruptors in Season 2, but it's still a shield shredding monster. Bring an extra bat.
- Reload speed from stocks is increased.
The 30-30 can slap, but when it's not slapping it's probably reloading. We are improving the 30-30 bonus to reload speed from stocks to help alleviate one of the most acute pain points when using this heavy rifle.
- Bolt fire rate scaling greatly reduced for each rarity level
- Base rate of fire remains unchanged
The speed of the EVA-8 makes it a forgiving and formidable shotgun to execute. He leads the pack and was seen as the obvious choice for many, leaving the Peacekeeper, Mastiff and Mozambique in the dust. This change should help even the playing field between shotguns.
ARENA WEAPONS UPDATES
Care Pack changes apply to Arenas: Prowler and Rampage replace Alternator and Spitfire in the Arenas store.
|ProwlerBase : 450Niv 1 : 200Niv 2 : 300Niv 3 : 400||CarnageBase : 500Niv 1 : 200Niv 2 : 300Niv 3 : 350|
ARENAS PRICES ADJUSTMENT
- Lvl 1: 100 -> 150
- Lv 2: 200 -> 250
- Lvl 3: 300 -> 350
- Lvl 1: 200 -> 150
- Base: 600 -> 500
- Base: 700 -> 600
- Lvl 1: 250 -> 200
- Lvl 2: 300 -> 200
- Lv 3: 400 -> 450
- Base: 300 -> 350
- Base: 400 -> 350
- Base: 500 -> 350
- Joint cluster: 75 – 100
ARENAS CAPACITY ADJUSTMENTS
- Horizon gravolift starting charges reduced from 2 to 1
- Mirage's Psyche Out starting fee reduced from 3 to 2
- Bloodhound free scans during Beast of the Hunt reduced from 3 to 2
- Fixed an issue where Bloodhound Tactics would fail to highlight the enemy for the Bloodhound player while using an emote.
- Enemy callouts now remain visible when performing Bloodhound's "Tracking" standing emote at a higher elevation.
- Trident and Dropship audio should no longer be drastically muted when Bloodhound uses his Ultimate.
- Fixed an audio issue with Gibraltars Dome Shield not producing sound.
- The “Gentle Giant” skin will no longer obstruct the player's view when aiming down sights with the 1x Holo Sight attached.
- Fixed some cases where the Dome Shield would disappear when placed and not refunded to the player.
- Fixed cases where Lifeline's VO always says "I got you. Shields Up” even when she has no shields.
- Fixed an issue preventing players from using Lifeline's Care Pack in Practice Mode.
- Pathfinder's grappling hook no longer stays connected when killed while under Revenant's death ward.
- Updated Pathfinder's "Copper Core" legs to now match the first person view.
- Fixed an issue where the Pathfinder grapple cooldown audio cue would replay quickly after tactical deployment in-game.
- Wraith should no longer get crushed when closing doors while her tactic is active.
- Wraith can no longer use her ultimate while attached to Valkyrie's ultimate.
- Fixed a rare bug that allowed downed players to jump/jump after entering a Wraith portal placed by a crouching Wraith.
- Fixed an issue causing the Bangalore Smoke Launcher to disappear when moving away from other players equipped with certain Legendary skins.
- Fixed a bug where caustic barrels would not make a planting sound when landing in water.
- Caustic barrels thrown just before death should no longer disappear.
- Fixed a visual bug where the Caustic Heirloom pose has a model disappearing after the pose is complete during preview.
- Fixed a bug that allowed caustic barrels to be pushed into players, crushing them.
- Fuse's Ultimate "Motherlode" is no longer destroyed if it interacts with caustic gas.
- Wattson's ultimate will no longer down friendly caustic barrels and ults.
- Players should no longer receive a server error when attempting to purchase Caustic's Legacy using Legacy Shards from the "Legacy" tab.
- Fixed an issue where Mirage's invisible revive would not completely hide teammates when certain skins were worn.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed players to wedge an Octane jump pad between a supply bin to make the Trident faster.
- Fixed a visual bug where Octane's goggles would move independently after using his tactic.
- Removed the beam of light that shoots into the sky whenever Wattson puts down his fence.
- Fixed Crypto's 'Drone Scan' choppy preview video in the 'Finishers' tab.
- Arenas: Fixed a bug where Crypto's drone could be infinitely deployed and recalled when the user had only one charge available.
- Switch Only: Fixed a visual bug where Crypto's position indicator while in his drone would flicker near the top and left edges of the screen.
- Switch Only: Crypto's Tactical Charges UI should no longer overlap with the Charge UI when his Drone is destroyed in Arenas.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the drone from detecting enemies using Trident.
- Fixed a visual bug where the Legacy appears to be floating in third person when looking up and down inside the gravity lift.
- Placing a death totem too close to the edge of the map should no longer teleport players off the map when returning to the totem.
- Fixed Emote: Added missing Orb of Silence to Revenant's "SoufYour Land of Silence" emote.
- Fixed a few exploitable stashes accessible in Rift using Revenant.
- Fixed some cases where Revenant had no horizontal movement animations when holding Legacy.
- Lots of fixes across all maps to address issues with exploits, hideouts, and inconsistencies when using Loba's tactic.
- UI fix: Ammo count in Loba's Black Market should now display correctly.
- Fixed an issue that allowed the Rampart turret to be placed on Geyser.
- Fixed a bug that caused players to run faster after stowing a fully charged and reloadable weapon. This bug also caused the charging indicator to disappear from the UI.
- Fixed an issue where Rampart wall would get stuck in an animation loop when hit with caustic gas.
- Fixed some cases where Blackhole/NEWT would not appear when using Horizon's Ultimate.
- Fixed an issue where a player's weapon would appear horizontally in the back when using a survey beacon.
- Fixed some cases where Horizon Ultimate's ability would be canceled when placed near a supply bin if the bin was open during gameplay.
- Fixed an issue causing the Trident's momentum and friction constraints to change when interacting with Horizon's abilities.
- Fixed some cases where Horizon's Ultimate ability active state persists after being destroyed.
- Fixed some cases where players could lose some functionality after deleting with Fuse.
- Fixed a visual bug that caused part of Fuse's body to appear on screen when toggling throw power after swapping grenades.
- A small change has been made to address feedback that Valkyrie's UI is noisy when she first leaves the ship.
- Fixed an edge case causing passengers to land on Valkyrie's ultimate with bad ping in an unusual position.
- Ultimate/Skydive Special UI and targeting will now update with colorblind settings
- Teammates should no longer be able to float while attached to Valkyrie's Ult by breaking the explosive grip.
- Fixed an issue where Valkyrie could be pushed into unintended areas by the Trident when using her ultimate ability.
- Addressed some cases where Missile Swarm would not deal damage when hitting a floating enemy Valkyrie in its lower half.
- Fixed some cases of camera clipping through geo and environment when preparing to launch Valkyrie's Ultimate.
- Fixed cases of Missile Swarm failing to keep up with the moving train.
- The Kraber target should no longer appear on screen when ADSing after using Valkyrie's passive.
- Fixed an issue where players could still activate Valkyrie tactics and ultimates under structures with no vertical clearance requirement.
- Fixed some cases where teammates could get through the walls and appear on the same side of Valkyrie as they were tied to his last.
- Fixed an exploitable spot on Canyonlands where Valkyrie could reach an inaccessible area using her passive.
If you want to know more about this update, you can visit the official website of the game. Apex Legends is now available on PC, PlayStation, Xbox and Nintendo Switch platforms.