Update 1.80 has arrived for Apex Legends, and here is the full list of changes and fixes added with this patch. This update is currently rolling out on all platforms and weighs around 9,3 GB. This update adds Rampart Town Takeover and Arena Takeover to the game. Rampart also gets a new Legacy in this patch . This update also kicks off the Evolution Collection event, adding a ton of new cosmetics for players to collect. This update was originally supposed to include the strafing nerf, but it was postponed to a later patch. Here's everything new with Apex Legends update 1.80.
Apex Legends Update 1.80 Patch Notes
- Sheila has gone mobile!
- Rampart will now be able to run with Sheila and shoot while walking. The rotation is longer and she only gets one magazine in this mode.
- Once Sheila is out, you can put her away and take her out until you run out of ammo (or hit cooldown).
- At any time, you can always drop Sheila for your teammates to use. Once placed, it has infinite refills and acts like the previous version. You cannot recover it.
Developer's note: A legend based purely on defensive stance is hard to come by in Apex Legends. We think Rampart has a place as the ultimate defensive legend, but we wanted to give him a bit more ability to be responsive and push with his team. As usual, we'll be watching to see how it goes and adjusting accordingly!
- VFX (similar to pulse on Loba ult placement) added to increase visibility when a totem is placed nearby.
- Reduced jump pad horizontal distance by 10-15%.
- Reduced Octane Stim regeneration rate from 1,5 to 1,0 hp/sec.
- When Bloodhound pings a hint from their passive, it will now show their teammates in quickchat how long the event has been happening
Bocek Compound Bow
- Draw speed slightly reduced from 0,56 to 0,54
- Arrows per brick increased from 14 to 16
- Arrows per inventory stack increased from 28 to 32
- Decreased hip fire spread
- Hipfire resets slightly faster
Developer Notes: The Hemlok's hipfire effectiveness was reduced a few seasons ago and since then the weapon's usage has steadily decreased. Bringing some of that firing force back to the hip (but not all of it) should help the weapon feel more consistent up close without being overbearing or affecting its mid-range excellence.
Shatter Caps – Bocek Compound Bow
- Damage per pellet increased for all draw strengths
- Short draw damage: 4 to 6
- Average draw: 7 to 9
- Full draw: 11 to 12
Shatter Caps - 30-30 Repeater
- ADS strafe speed increased to shotgun strafe speed while Shatter Caps are activated
- Charged pellet damage multiplier increased from 35% to 50%
Developer Notes: When Shatter Caps are working they feel amazing, but currently it can still feel a little punishing to go into mode. Increasing the damage potential and improving the CQC flow of the 30-30 should help Shatters feel a bit more accessible and rewarding.
- Slightly increased recovery time
- Overheat lens replacement time slightly increased
- Revs before overheating reduced at base and all Energy magazine levels
- Basis: 22 to 20
- White: 24 to 22
- Blue: 26 to 24
- Purple/Gold: 28 to 26
- Arena price adjustments:
- Basis: 500 to 600
- Blue: 300 to 250
- Purple: 400 to 350
Developer Notes: We are reducing the base stats of the L-STAR a bit to smooth out the potency progression into what we believe is a slightly healthier top end. We'll be watching the L-STAR and its retreat closely as we enter the second half of Emergence. In Arenas, we are well aware of its prevalence in high-level lobbies and we assess it from the first round. These changes essentially increase the cost of blue by 50 and keep the price of purple the same. If his pick rate remains unchanged, we will fix further adjustments.
- Reduced EVA-8 and Mozambique headshot damage multiplier from 1,5 to 1,25, bringing it in line with Peacekeeper and Mastiff.
Developer's Notes: The EVA-8 holds a lot of power in its speed and leniency compared to its counterparts, the PK and the Mastiff. It has the edge with rate of fire and consistency, so we're reducing some of its peak damage right out of play. We're also normalizing Mozambique for consistency within the shotgun class and to give the P2022 some space as a more accurate early game weapon.
- ADS charge time increased from 1,0 to 0,8
QUALITY OF LIFE UPDATES
- Reduced breakout delay from 30 seconds to 15 seconds.
- Your timer should be reset after respawning.
- Changing from red to a gold shield with more health no longer requires a long press.
- Evo shields in death boxes now display their health.
- Improved Early Leaver Warning to help people accidentally leave before their party is dead.
- Now you need to hold the confirmation button for a small amount of time
- Highlight is different color from other prompts to catch your attention
- Red text warning showing your departure penalty added
- Added character portraits to the "detected" widget for recon characters.
- Fixed a bug where Streamer mode was not anonymizing names on the scoreboard in Arenas mode
- Fixed an issue where players were not preparing randomly when matchmaking in Ranked mode.
- Fix for Ranked Arenas: The longest win streak number was incorrect for some players when displayed in the stats screen.
- Fixed cases where players would still see ranked icons when switching to arenas while inspecting personal stats.
- Fixed cases where player would still see Abandon Penalty countdown when receiving other messages like RECEIVED PREMIUM CURRENCY.
- Removed the red speaker icon that was displayed in the upper right corner of the screen and was of no use.
- Fixed when the playlist selector would sometimes flicker.
- Players should no longer experience a string issue in the timeline when they have a “; in their username.
- Fixed cases where the names of killed players would not always appear when a player died.
- Fixed a rare bug that could cause the observer to get stuck on the intro screen at the start of a match.
- Motherload Ultimate will no longer highlight enemies far below the ring.
- Increased the hitbox for Exhibit Ultimate to better match the model.
- Loba can no longer slip into Skyhook when using her tactic.
- Fixed cases where Loba's ultimate visual effect is not appearing when aiming down sights.
- Fixed a bug that could cause players to get stuck under the map after descending from the Ramparts Turret on a Trident.
- Fixed times when pinging a Prowler would trigger a voice line mentioning a deleted hop-up.
- Switch Only – Fixed cases where players could not complete the formation due to its ultimate malfunction,
- Fixed cases where it appeared that Gibraltar's Ultimate was causing audio to drop out.
- Fixed a bug where Wattson would start matches with 30 fences.
- Fixed an exploit where players could get continuous missiles after exploiting Valkyrie's passive/tactic as well as using infinite Vtol rolls.
- Fixed when players would still see "Amped" or "Revved up" from Sentinel or Rampage after swapping weapons.
- Fixed Responsive, “Precision Calibur” and “Attention to Detail” skins where part of the skins appeared stuck in place when shooting.
edge of the world
- Various World's Edge fixes cleaning up some bad collisions, exploitable hideouts, and areas where players could get stuck.
- Fixed the mysterious fire show that could appear in the firing range and cause a crash.
- Fixed cases where players could reach farther than intended when hitting an enemy player.
- Private match fix – Observers should no longer get stuck on the intro screen for the duration of the match.
- Fixed audio floating that could occur when someone died while self-resuscitating.
- Various fixes to improve overall game stability.
Apex Legends is available now on PC, PS4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch. For more information on this patch, visit the official Apex Legends site.
– This article was last updated on September 14, 2022