Update 1.84 has arrived for Apex Legends and here is the full list of changes and fixes coming to the game with this update. The Collection event begins on December 7 at 10:00 a.m. PT, but players can preload the patch on December 6. The patch ushers in the Raiders Collection event which will run from December 7-21. While this event will bring new cosmetics and challenges, this patch does the necessary house cleaning to go along with the new content in the form of bug fixes, quality of life improvements, and more. Here's everything new with Apex Legends 1.84 update.
Apex Legends Update 1.84 Patch Notes
- Wattson: Fixed issue with fences "sticking" when trying to place a node near a fence.
- Wattson: Fixed a bug where Wattson's fence nodes ignored player collision.
- Wattson: Fixed a bug with the blueprint line not showing where the fence will be created.
- Wattson: Fixed an issue where Caustic's Ultimate was not being zapped by the Intercept Pylon.
- Wattson: fixed a bug where arc stars could stick and damage the interceptor pylon
- Ash: Based on feedback, we've increased the audio presence of Ash's Ultimate.
- Ashes will no longer 'bleed' when fired and will now display sparks [like Pathfinder and Revenant].
- Ash: Fixed cases where a grid pattern was displaying on some rare and common skins.
- Valkyrie/Revenant: Fixed a bug where using a Skydive with Death Totem at a specific time would cause Valkyrie to skydive into a bug state.
- Valkyrie: Fixed Birthright Skin where Valk's jetpack control clips into his hands in first person.
- Arenas: Fixed a bug where Seer could continuously charge his tactics after reaching zero uses.
- Arenas: Reduced reconnect times as matches are shorter than a Battle Royale match.
- Arenas: Fixed no ammo UI on Common, Rare or Epic car.
- Arenas: Fixed missing horizontal black bars when watching.
- Arenas: Fixed cases where the Death tab did not appear in the Showcase.
ADDITIONAL BUGS FIXES
- Fixed an issue with a spot on Storm Point where players could camp in unwanted areas near the Command Center.
- We've also fixed several minor bugs around the map, ranging from misplaced kill triggers and holes in the geo.
- Bocek Compound Fracture Legendary Skin Bug: Fixed an issue where players would still see iron sights when aiming even though another sight was equipped.
- R-301 Dynamic Cycle Legendary Skin Bug: Fixed an issue with the gun using a mix of two different skins.
- Fixed a bug for cases where the Loba edition shows "No price found" when viewed in the store tab.
- Based on feedback, we have reduced the SFX on responsive skins for the Volt.
- Fixed a bug where players couldn't scroll down when looting a Death Box or Black Market.
- Fixed a bug that prevented players from getting the Rampart Legacy even after purchasing all 24 Event Packs.
- Fixed a bug where players could skydive faster after spamming Ping.
- Fixed an issue with players seeing the Elite Mode 888 badge constantly unlocking.
- Decreased attention focus detonation delay from 1,6s to 1,4s
Seer was called back to a healthier place with the balance fix shortly after his release. However, after four months of evaluating its use in the live game, the detonation delay seems a bit too slow. We want to improve its feel while continuing to evaluate the reveal meta as a whole.
- Staff base damage reduced from 30 -> 10
- Shield damage multiplier increased from x3 -> x4 (staff on shielded enemy will now max out at 40 instead of 90)
- Sticking an enemy now applies a slow debuff (undoing the Legacy update change)
- Slow duration is now determined by the distance to the center of Arc Star's detonation
Arc stars excel in many areas. They have a high damage potential coupled with a punishing slow and can be thrown more accurately than other artillery types. Removing the stick slowly created degenerate game patterns and often made it hard to tell when you were stuck in the heat of the moment. We're bringing this back with a trade-off between lower damage potential and slow proximity-based decay in non-stick cases. These changes make staff scenarios more consistent across shield types and make Arc Stars less effective in area denial.
- Removed increased magazine capacity
Big Maude has been an impressive drop spot and a reliable source of early power for teams winning the hotdrop. However, the paintball guns are proving to be a little too powerful, so we'll be removing the magazine size increase while keeping the handling buffs.
- Production of shotgun ammo, sniper ammo, and crafting arrows reduced to a single stack
- Observer Mode – UI and scoring improvements for the in-game stats menu.
- Observer Mode – Reduced opacity in Loba's back market for the map and minimap.
- Observer Mode – Added a toggle option to show the location of the next ring.
- Added [Team] Removed text in kill feed for Private Match Anonymous mode.
- Admins now have the option to end matches in observer or player position.
- Fixed an issue where the realtime API lags after running consecutive games.
- New real-time API events, including:
- Kill assigned
- Line-by-line formatting
- Unique player IDs
QUALITY OF LIFE
New custom reticle color system
Custom crosshairs are here! The new UI can be opened under Game Settings by selecting the Customize option under Crosshairs.
Once in the new custom reticle UI, you will be able to:
- Select a color from our recommended favorites
- Use color and brightness sliders to find the perfect color
- Manually enter an RGB color
- Switch between 4 different hand-selected environments to preview your reticle
And that's all you need to know about the latest update for Apex Legends. The free shooter is available on Xbox, PlayStation, PC, and Nintendo Switch. For more details on this patch or the next in-game Raider event, head over to the EA Blog for more details.