Update 2.61 has arrived for Ark: Survival Evolved, and here is the full list of changes and fixes added with this patch.
According to Twitter Product Manager Dollie, today's update is for the PlayStation and Xbox versions of Ark: Survival Evolved. You can read his comments on the patch below.
“Major version updates for consoles should go live shortly. This major release is basically a mash-up of two recent big fixes that you may have seen on PC give or take some client-side fixes that will be added at a later date. tldr: goodie bag of fix inc for console!«
At the time of writing, the patch is live and you can download the update right away. It's a big update and you can read the full patch notes below. Sounds like a ton of bugfixes and more have been implemented.
Ark: Survival Evolved Update 2.61 Patch Notes
- Fixed resources not appearing correctly on asteroids in the space biome
- Hunt missions now work on console servers and will count towards mission requirements for Stryders and the boss fight
- Fixed Cryopod UI not displaying correctly
- Fixed mesh exploit
- Fixed an edge case bug where feeding the Shadowmane would not result in an affinity gain
- Fixed some exploits
- Fixed some cases where Explorer Notes would not unlock correctly on the server (to get the first HLNA Explorer Note, make sure to hit the reset cutscenes button in your options, note that you only unlock Explorer Notes once HLNA has completed all of its lines.)
- Fixed a bug where the WorldBuffScalingEfficacy was breaking harvest rates
- Prevented some Rockwell & Eden variant creatures on Aberration that weren't native to the map (https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/617465-an-update-concerning-genesis-2-r -variants -sur-aberration/)
- Creature downloads enabled on Aberration for creatures allowed in Genesis Part 2, including Stryder, Maewing, Shadowmane, Noglin, Rockwell, and Eden variants.
- Multiple TEK Engrams (Replicator, Teleporter, Trough, Force Field, Dedicated Storage, Armor, Rifle, Turret, Generator) have been added to the Genesis Part 2 boss fight.
- Hoversail no longer drops in Zero G (Boost is still active)
- Net ammo loaded into a harpoon launcher can now be used underwater
- Mantis will now accept rhino horns to be tamed, with a lower affinity than death worm horns
- Adjusted mantis feed to prevent it from starving when fed rhino horns
- Noglins can no longer attach to babies
- Fixed a bug where Voidwyvrm was not gaining bonus levels after taming
- Fixed some VFX and SFX bugs with the Voidwyrm
- Fixed some VFX and SFX bugs with the Stryder
- Fixed some bugs with the Stryder that affected transferring items to and from dedicated storage, as well as accessing certain aspects of its reel
- Fixed a bug where players could mistakenly delete attachments from their Stryders
- Fixed a bug where Stryder's taming efficiency dropped from 100% to 0%
- Stryders should no longer count towards the overall rig structure limit
- Increased Stryder hack grace period to compensate for low framerate servers
- Fixed some visual issues with some items on the Mannequinne Loadout
- TEK Explosive Arrow Damage reduced by 25%
- TEK Explosive Arrow projectile speed reduced by 33%
- Astrodelphis Lazer damage reduced by 33%
- Astrodelphis Grenade Bomb projectile speed reduced by 50%
- Astrodelphis Lazers will no longer damage targets if encumbered
- Fixed a bug where baby Astrodelphis would get stuck inside the mother when spawning
- Fixed a case where the Astrodelphis homing missile was still damaging riders even if it was targeting the creature
- Note: We still plan to iterate on the Astrodelphis balance.
- Fixed several server and client freezes and crashes
- Fixed some cases where mobs were not playing the unconscious animation correctly when pulled by a Net Ammo
- Fixed a bug where the Genesis Part 1 Arrivial Protocol mission would not start
- Fixed some cases of false mesh detection
- Fixed a bug where the Hoversail or Hoverskiff would prevent asteroids from displaying
- Fixed a few exploits in missions that allowed you to keep the mission weapon longer than intended
- Fixed a bug that allowed you to create loot caches that would expire in 10 seconds
- Removed some invalid items from Mission Loot & Supply Crate tables on Genesis Part 2
- Updated mission objective text on Genesis Part 2
- Updated descriptive text for Genesis Part 2 items
- Fixed a case where HLNA notes were not playing when mounted
- Shadowmane baby food consumption has been reduced
- Fixed a bug where Maewing babies in baskets could be lost when starting the server
- Fish baskets no longer search for nearby enemy structures in PVE
- All changes that were in previous server-only updates should now work in single player, non-dedicated, and dedicated player mode.
For more information on previous Ark patches, you can visit the official forums. Ark: Survival Evolved is available now on PC, PlayStation, and Xbox platforms.
GAME DEALSGet Twitch Prime for free now and get free in-game items, rewards and games