Back 4 Blood is a difficult game, even if you play on "normal" difficulty. There are three difficulty levels, and Veteran is in the middle of the pack, but that doesn't really make it easy. Most players will start low and work their way up. Survival isn't just about picking the right cards for your deck, you need to coordinate closely with a team. Everyone has a role to play, and fulfilling your role can completely change the flow of combat.
If you're itching to start playing Return 4 Blood, you'll need to divide your team into four roles. Nothing in the game explicitly says so or even encourages playing "classes" - but you really have to. If everyone on your team uses the same type of weapon, you will quickly run out of ammo. On Veteran, you need team players to focus on healing, dealing direct damage, dealing stagger damage, and generating bonuses to dropped items. Ammunition is much rarer than in L4D. If you want to survive, you'll need to branch out and select the right roles for your team.
Veteran Difficulty Survival Guide
Beating a veteran requires playing with more team co-op in mind. You can't just play as a one-size-fits-all DPS shooter. You'll need to work with other players and fill roles – we've divided the roles into four general classes. You will need a Sniper to deal direct damage to weak points. You will need a Hunting rifle to stagger bosses and eliminate hordes faster. A Medical keeps your team healthy, while the Scavenger uses perk cards to generate more resources for your whole team.
Even if you are playing as a specific class, there are two cards that everyone should think about getting. To burst allows you to escape seizures without a defensive tool. It is optional. Down front! is essential. This card completely removes friendly fire while crouched - you cannot deal friendly fire damage or take it. This is absolutely one of the best and most important maps for high difficulty racing.
- General Maps You Really Want:
- Down front!: While crouched, you do not take or deal damage from Friendly Fire. +10 Health
- To burst: Grab [X] to free yourself from Grabs. +50% evasion cooldown reduction. (Base 60 seconds).
Now let's get into the classes. Below we have collected four suggested courses – roles in your team that you can select. We've picked out recommended characters, weapons, and maps you should consider using for building. All of these versions can be modified/customized to your personal preferences, but they are designed to work with everyone. These builds are min/max in the extreme to give everyone a powerful presence on your team.
Choose cards that improve weak spot damage and give bonuses to sniper rifles.
- best character: Jim (Precise kills grant Jim 2,5% stacking damage until he takes damage. +25% down aim speed. +10% weakspot damage of the team
- best gun: Phoenix 350L, Barret M95
- Best Cards:
- mounted killer: +20% Weak point damage
- Hyper-focused: 50% weak spot damage, -75% ADS movement speed
- Fire arms: 50% weapon swap speed, -5% damage resistance
- two is one and one is not: You can equip a primary weapon in your secondary slot. -25% trade speed.
- Stock Pouch: +30% sniper ammo capacity, +10% damage with sniper rifles
- Trigger control: +25% accuracy with assault rifles and sniper rifles.
- Controlled movement: +40% movement speed while aiming with the sniper rifle.
- Patient hunter: Every second you aim down sight increases your damage by 10% (up to 3 stacks).
- Knowledge is power: +10% Damage to weak points. Allows players to see their damage values and enemy health bars.
- Administrator reload: When you stow your weapon, it reloads. -15% Ammo Capacity.
Choose cards and accessories that give you bonuses to shotguns and provoke +Stagger.
- best character: Holly recovers 10 Stamina when she kills a Mounted. +10% damage resistance. +25 Team Stamina.
- best gun: Super 90 Shotgun, HP Mag (+50% Magazine Size, +50% Bullet Stumble
- Best Cards:
- rolling thunder: +35% movement speed when firing shotguns, +10% damage with shotguns
- Scattergun Skills: +40% reload speed with shotguns.
- Buckshot Hitter: When using shotguns, gain temporary health for each pellet hit.
- Numb: Gain +15% damage resistance while you have temporary health.
- Hull holder: +30% shotgun ammo capacity, +10 damage with shotguns
Choose cards that allow you to heal faster and more.
- best character: Mom (Mom can instantly resurrect a teammate once per level. +1 Support Inventory. +1 Team Extra Life.)
- Best guns: All Assault Rifles, SMGs, Shotguns, Pistols
- Best Cards:
- Healthcare professional: First aid and defibrillators also recover 15 trauma damage and 1 extra life.
- rousing speech: +225% revive speed, +20% incapacitation trauma reduction (team effect), OFF: offensive accessories
- combat medic: +50% Use speed, heals teammates for 20 additional health points when you revive them.
- Medical expert: +15% healing efficiency When using a medical accessory, you gain 15% movement speed for 15 seconds.
- EMT bag: +40% healing efficiency, -20% endurance efficiency
- charitable soul: Healing a teammate also applies 50% of the effect to you.
- Poultice: When you use a medical accessory, the target heals 20 additional hit points over 30 seconds.
- Group therapy: When you use a medical accessory, all teammates are healed by 5 health points.
Pick maps that spawn ammo, secondary weapons, guns, and everything else more frequently.
- best character: Hoffman (Hoffman has a chance to find ammo each time he kills a Ridden. +1 Offensive Inventory. +10% Max Team Ammo Capacity)
- best gun: All Assault Rifles, LMGs, Pistols
- Best Cards:
- Ammo catcher: You can smell ammo nearby. More ammo spawns.
- Ammo for all: +10 Team ammo capacity
- utility scavenger: You can detect nearby fast accessories. More quick props appear.
- Support Scavenger: You can detect nearby assistive devices. More support props appear.
- weapon scavenger: You can smell the weapons nearby. More weapons appear.
- Offensive scavenger: You can smell offensive props nearby. More offensive accessories appear.
- Pyro: +100% Fire damage. Killing with fire gives you 3 temporary hit points. You can detect flammable objects nearby.
- Bombardier: +100% explosive damage. +35% explosive resistance.
- improvised explosives: +75% accessory damage, -25% swap speed
Try to remember that these are just suggested builds. The basic formula for a strong team is: 2 DPS, 1 Medic, 1 Scavenger. Your team is going to need all the attachments, accessories, and ammo you can generate. Keeping a constant flow of ammo in your team is surprisingly important.