And the patch notes
The time has finally come: all (currently announced) Cadence of Hyrule launches are complete!
To date, Cadence offers three DLCs: a Character Pack (Impa, Aria, Shadow Link, Shadow Zelda, Frederick), a 39-song Melody Pack, and the "Symphony of the Mask" DLC featuring Skull Kid. The latter is really the main attraction as the “story DLC” of the pack, which ushers in three brand new modes (Skull Kid, puzzle, arena).
Along with all-new maps, the Skull Kid DLC also has five new songs, as well as new enemies and more. At this point, Cadence of Hyrule is full of things to do. The characters already feel quite different, but the mechanic of Skull Kid being able to swap powers is going to be very appealing for later playthroughs.
It's hard to believe this game is over a year old! It was one of my favorites of 2022, so be sure to put it on your radar if you haven't already. You still have time if you're not a digital person; as a full edition arrives October 23 at multiple retailers in physical form.
Cadence d’Hyrule [Brace Yourself Games]
Release Notes 1.4.0
- New Character: Skull Kid
- New Game Mode: Skull Kid Story Mode
- New game mode: Puzzle mode
- New game mode: Arena mode
- 5 new music tracks
- 2 new dungeons
- New cities and regions of the world
- New tile sets, enemies, items, traps and more!
- Added a projectile effect to Link's spin attack when at full health
- Changed Zora's enemies to breathe ice instead of fire
- Changed the Tingle Tuner to always play a sound regardless of console rumble settings
- Fixed an issue where helper characters could get stuck unarmed in the Ganon fight
- Fixed some cases where multi-tile enemy attacks could hit the player unfairly on stairs
- Fixed the timing of some multi-beat abilities (like hook) in fixed-paced 2P mode
- Fixed some bugs related to trader respawning in dungeon mode after being defeated
- Fixed a few exploits where Impa could escape the map using his vanish ability
- Fixed some localization issues
- Lots of other bug fixes and balance changes