4.7.0 update arrived for Death by the light of day, and here is the full list of changes and fixes added with this patch.
The mid-chapter update is here, and not only has it brought the regular bug fixes and tweaks that everyone would expect, but also a massive amount of content has been added. Tome VII is introduced, new UI elements are implemented, visual updates for maps and many more are present with this 4.7.0 update, so be sure to read the fairly comprehensive list of patch notes below.
Dead By Daylight Update 4.7.0 Patch Notes
- Volume VII of the Archives will begin tomorrow, May 5, at 11 a.m. ET.
- Rift Fragments for level completion rewards will now increase per level.
- The required amount of Player XP per Rift shard has been reduced to 500 XP (down from 800XP) for faster Rift progression.
- Settings Menu: Replaced all checkboxes with text-based steppers (with 'ON'/'OFF' choices) to be consistent with similar settings interactions.
- HUD – Visual improvements to Killer Power indicators behind survivor portraits:
- General: The bottom of these indicators are no longer covered by survivor portraits.
- Doctor: Madness levels now have a separate visual for each level.
- The Plague: Improved disease gauge texture colors for colorblind players.
- The Nightmare: Increased the brightness of the Dream World indicator.
- The Ghostface: Increased contrast on the Stalking indicator.
- Visual update to all Coldwind Farm maps.
The Doctor VFX Update
- Doctor VFX optimized to improve performance.
- Reduced the intensity of glitch and madness screen effects.
The twins post-release update
With this update, we tried to expand the counterplay window when trying to take down multiple survivors with Victor. Additionally, Ultra Rare addons were underperforming and their bonuses were increased.
- Charlotte can now turn when waking up.
- Victor's Leap successful cooldown is 5 seconds (was 3 seconds).
- Victor can now move during the successful leap cooldown.
- Silent Cloth grants Undetectable for 20 seconds (was 12).
- Iridescent Pendant inflicts Exposed for 30 seconds (down from 12).
The Demogorgon Gameplay Update
Demogorgon portals have been adjusted to be usable more frequently, travel distance faster, and provide slightly more stealth. Base movement speed while charging Shred has also been increased and the bonus from add-ons has been reduced. Some portal/traversal add-ons have also had their values reduced in light of base stat improvements. The end result must be as strong or stronger. We will continue to monitor the performance of these addons and adjust them in future patches as needed.
- Traverse cooldown in reverse: 10 seconds (was 14 seconds).
- Upside down movement speed: 20m/s (was 17m/s).
- Undetectable lasts 3 seconds after traversing backwards (was 2 seconds).
- Movement speed during Shred charge increased from 3,68m/s to 3,86m/s.
- Black Heart: Reduces cooldown after a successful Shred attack by 20%.
- Rat Liver: +3,5% movement speed while charging Shred (was 9% but end result unchanged due to increased base movement speed)
- Rat Tail: +25% action speed when opening a portal (was 50%).
- Rotten Pumpkin: When you go through the city upside down, the portal you enter is destroyed, blood points gained.
- Barb's Goggles: Slightly increases Shred's recovery speed when breaking a paddle.
- Rotten Green Tripe: Increases Slayer movement speed while traversing upside down by 15% (was 25%).
- Sticky Lining: Increases the radius in which Survivors can be detected by Of the Abyss by 2,5m (was 1,5m).
- Brass Case Lighter: Inflicts 60 seconds of blindness (was 45 seconds).
- Stag Lungs: Increases reverse traversal speed by 40% (was 30%), now reduces number of portals by 2.
- Eleven's Soda: Displays yellow auras for generators being repaired when traversing upside down.
- Thorny Vines: Sealing time +10% (was 14%), detection radius 1m (was 1,5m).
- Rescuer's Whistle: Survivors near activated portals are indicated by Killer Instinct without having to charge from Abyss.
- Unknown Egg: Reduced power recovery time after crossing reverse by 1,5 seconds (was 2,5 seconds).
- Leprose Lichen: Surviving auras remain for 3 seconds after emerging from a portal.
- Red Moss: While traversing the Upside Down, the Demogorgon emerges from the target portal silently but more slowly.
The Nightmare Gameplay Update
The Nightmare had been outperforming for some time, and its game-slowing addons were always causing more frustration than we'd like. These have been removed and replaced with new effects based on Survivor sounds in Dream World. We've also made adjustments to penalize spam traps being chased and reduced the total number of traps that can be active at once, but we expect the core gameplay experience to remain intact.
- Movement speed now adjusted to 4,0m/s when charging a Dream Snare.
- Dream Snare charges reduced to 5 (was 8).
- Dream Pallet fee reduced to 7 (was 10).
- Using a clock to wake up prevents falling asleep for 30 seconds; this includes when Freddy is punched.
- Added a new Killer Power visual behind survivor portraits to indicate the 30 second sleep immunity timer.
- Black Box: When a door is opened, the entity blocks it for sleeping Survivors for 15 seconds.
- Skipping Rope: While Survivors are in the dream world, the sounds of their pain grunts are 50% louder.
- Outer Rope: While Survivors are in the dream world, the sounds of their generator repairing can be heard 8 meters away.
- Swing Chains: While Survivors are in the dream world, their footsteps are 50% louder.
The Huntress addon update
The Huntress was one of the last older Slayers with incorrect addon rarities, and that has now been fixed! Several addons have been changed to give more interesting effects and its most controversial addon has been adjusted so that it no longer allows you to carry more than one hatchet.
- Berus Toxin becomes Yellowed Cloth: +10% Hatchet Flight Speed.
- Crude Stone: Targets hit's pain grunts are increased by 50% until fully healed.
- Amanita Toxin: Target hit suffers Blindness status effect for 60 seconds (was 30 seconds).
- Deerskin Gloves: Now rare.
- Finestone becomes Weighted Head: Target hit suffers from Incapacitated status effect for 10 seconds.
- Yew Seed Brew is now Wooden Fox: Now Very Rare; Grants the Undetectable status effect for 10 seconds after recharging.
- Yew Seed Concoction is now Rose Root: +20% Hatchet Flight Speed.
- Pungent Fiale is now Soldier Puttee: now Ultra Rare; The Huntress moves 4,6m/s when she has no hatchets.
- Venomous Concoction: Inflicts Exhausted status for 5 seconds (was 90 seconds).
- Iridescent Head: Prevents carrying more than one axe.
More Live Design
Aside from the major updates, the biggest live design change in this update is the change to Survivor's hook fight entrances. One of the motivating factors for this update is to reduce the number of inputs per second to make the game more accessible to people with RSI. After the release of this mechanic for The Executioner's Cages and its positive reception by the community, we felt confident to make this change more broadly for all sacrifice struggles.
The new Object of Obsession design previewed on the dev stream has been completed with some tweaks. We hope solo survivors enjoy Small Game's new totem count feature, and that Borrowed Time will no longer trigger based on Terror Radius...works.
New Hook Wrestling
- Fighting during stage two on a hook is now a series of skill checks
- If you give no contribution for two successive skill checks, the sacrifice will be instantly over.
- Missing a skill check will reduce the time until the entity claims the Addicted Survivor.
- Small game: earn tokens for each Totem cleared by a survivor; tokens reduce cone width to increase accuracy; no longer triggers for the Totem you are currently clearing.
- Lucky Break: now also hides scratches; duration reduced to 35/40/45 seconds.
- Soul Guard: Now has a 30 second cooldown between activations.
- Open Hand: Increases aura reading range by 8/12/16 yards; Survivors can only be affected by a single instance of Open-Handed.
- Zanshin Tactics: Now always active and range increased to 24/28/32 yards.
- Borrowed Time: You no longer need to be within the Terror Radius to trigger; Enduring status duration reduced to 8/10/12 seconds.
- Object of Obsession: This perk has been redesigned.
- Each time your aura is revealed to the slayer, the slayer's aura becomes visible to you and you gain a 2/4/6% bonus to healing, repair, and cleanup speed.
- If you are the Obsession, your aura is revealed to the killer for 3 seconds every 30 seconds.
- Increases your chances of being the Obsession.
- Repairing using a Toolbox now increases the chance of getting skill checks by 5x (up from 2x).
- When the hatch is opened by a key, it remains open for 10 seconds (instead of 30 seconds).
- Each Trial will now start with an Obsession, regardless of player loadouts.
- A new Tome and Rift will be added to the Archives in the coming days
Changes from PTB to Live
- Nightmare's Black Box add-on activation time increased from 10 seconds to 15 seconds.
- Lucky Break duration reduced from 70/80/90 to 35/40/45.
- Victor can now move during the leap success cooldown.
- Demogorgon base speed while charging Shred increased from 3,68m/s to 3,86m/s.
- Demogorgon's additional 'Rat Liver' bonus has been adjusted to +3,5% for a resulting Ragged Charge move speed of 4,0m/s.
- The rarity of the Huntress “Leather Buckle” add-on has become rare again.
- Adjusted the stable and farm map balance.
- Adjusted several collisions in farm maps.
- Adjusted the vault of the combine to be easier to use.
- Miscellaneous bug fixes
- The Survivor now audibly yells across the map when picking up another Survivor if the Make Your Choice killer perk is active.
- Game audio is no longer muted if a game ends while The Trickster is in the Main Event state.
- Demogorgon Portal is no longer audible to Survivors until activated
- The Hillbilly Chainsaw will now spin continuously while in a charge state
- Fixed an issue that could prevent paddles from stunning Slayers under certain circumstances.
- Fixed an issue that could cause rare items to appear in chests more often than intended.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent hooks from respawning if interrupted with the “Breakdown” perk.
- Fixed an issue that caused the fatigue decrease effect of the Nurse add-on “Wooden Horse” to apply on successful hits.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent Survivors from screaming when hit directly with the Clown's Antidote Bottle during certain interactions.
- Fixed an issue that could allow Survivors to climb into inaccessible areas after being downed on certain rocks, benches, or similar props.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the bell sounds for the “Mr Elf” outfit from playing when rotating the character in the store.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Victor to leap through vault locations (jumping into them is fine).
- Fixed an issue that caused survivors to have default outfits when changing characters in the lobby.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a desync in the Trickster's knife reload animation when using the "Iron Maiden" perk.
- Fixed an issue that could sometimes prevent Dream Pallets from having collision in the "up" position.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent Blight Prestige cosmetic skins from showing their dripping effects.
- Fixed an issue that caused the watch to float when equipping David King's Harrington Jacket.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused a soft lock when spamming the escape key when transitioning to the control screen.
- Changed the way characters are displayed in menus so they don't appear to be floating above the ground.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a Survivor to get stuck in the Pyramid Head Cage of Atonement if they were in the exact location the cage spawns.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Survivors to position themselves between Exit Spikes and Exit Trigger volume and avoid Slayer attacks on all maps.
- Fixed an issue where the app would latch softly when unlocking rift levels at high speed.
- Various crash fixes
- Fixed an issue that caused a large point of shame between two rocks in Sanctuary of Wrath
- Fixed an issue where performance hits could occur when connecting a gamepad while using a keyboard and mouse.
- Fixed an issue where lobby privacy settings would not be applied correctly when taking over a lobby.
Xbox One, Xbox Series X | S, Playstation 4, Playstation 5 uniquement:
- Fixed an issue where the app would crash after repeatedly pressing the Ready button in the Play as Survivor lobby.
Death by the light of day is available on PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo Switch, PC and Stadia. For more information on the game, be sure to visit the official forums.
GAME DEALSGet Twitch Prime for free now and get in-game items, rewards and free games