5.1.0 update arrived for Death by the light of day, and here is the full list of changes and fixes added with this patch.
As always, a new update comes with a whole bunch of added content and changes, with the 5.1.0 update not being an exception at all. A huge amount of Slayer and Survivor tweaks, visual upgrades to many characters, and new and improved features in just about every area, to name a few. For more on the new patch, take a look below.
Dead by Daylight Update 5.1.0 Patch Notes
- Settings Menu – Players will now be able to enable/disable some of the HUD elements. These include: player names, number of kill hooks and scoring events.
- Settings Menu – Players can now reset each category tab individually.
- Lobby – Added a new tooltip for the Store button when beginner mode tooltips are enabled.
- Hospital map lighting and material improvements
THE TRICKSTER GAMEPLAY UPDATE
- Max laceration is now 6 (was 8).
- Faster laceration decay (full meter depletes in 15 seconds, 20 seconds running)
- Shorter delay before laceration starts to decay (now 10 seconds, down from 20 seconds)
- Laceration removed after successful basic attack now 3 (was 4)
- The Main Event starts throwing knives 1 second early
- 30 stabs required to activate the Main Event (instead of 20)
- 30 second window to activate the Main Event (instead of 10)
- New stab indicators have been added to show when knives connect to survivors.
Additional modules :
- Melodious Murder: Moderately reduces the reload time of knives in lockers.
- Fizz-Spin Soda: smaller effect (starts at 2 thrown knives instead of 3; balanced with smaller maximum laceration)
- Iridescent Photo Card: When a Survivor's Slash Meter is two or fewer blade hits from maximum, they are inflicted with the Exposed status effect.
- Death Throes Compilation: At the end of the Main Event, the Trickster's Knives are replenished.
- Lucky Blade: Hitting a Survivor with a Blade during the Main Event slightly extends its duration. (0.2s)
- Waiting for you to watch: Hitting a survivor with a blade during the Main Event extends its duration moderately. (0.3s)
PTB LIVE CHANGES
- Now starts with 44 knives (was 60)
- Maximum knife rate of fire bonus after throwing 8 knives is 25% (was 33%)
- Trick Pouch: adds 4 knives to inventory (instead of 10)
- Bloody Boa: adds 8 knives to inventory (instead of 15)
- Stab indicators reduced in size.
- No Way Out: After hooking a Survivor for the first time, No Way Out gains a token. Once the exit doors are powered, No Way Out activates.
- When a survivor interacts with an exit door switch, you will receive a loud noise notification. The entity then blocks both exit door switches for 12 seconds, plus an additional 6/9/12 seconds for each token you have.
- Hex: Crowd Control: effect now lasts 14/17/20 seconds (down from 10/12/14 seconds)
- Stall Interaction now has a higher priority than Self-Care Interaction. When injured, the stall prompt will no longer be replaced with a self-heal prompt.
- When a Killer tries to grab a Survivor, but the request is denied by the server (usually because the Survivor has stopped performing the interaction), the Killer will now automatically switch to an attack instead. Additionally, achievement and challenge progress will be granted at the start of the entry attempt, whether the attempt is successful or not.
- Stun validation has been added to the Access validator. If a killer has a stun pending on the server, the server will reject the hit. This will especially be in situations such as a Killer attacking at the same time as a Survivor throws a paddle, and it should reduce instances where Survivors appear to take damage after stunning a Killer.
- Effects that enhance a Slayer's hearing, such as the "Stridor" perk or the "Swing Chains" add-on, will only be heard from the Slayer's perspective. Survivors will no longer hear as loudly when the Killer performs such effects.
- Effects that modify sound are now multiplicative rather than additive. This means that sounds reduced to 0%, such as noises hurt by the "Iron Will" perk, will no longer be increased by perks such as "Stridor" and instead remain at 0.
- Added new tutorials for Survivor and Killer.
- Menus now have tooltips. This can be disabled in the settings.
Survivor Visual Updates
- Updated original outfits for Dwight, Meg, Jake, and Claudette.
- Updated textures and materials on all Prestige outfits.
- Updated facial models and textures for Ace, Adam, Claudette, David, Dwight, Feng, Jake, Kate, Laurie, Meg, Nea, Quentin, and Tapp.
- Updated various hair textures on Ace, Adam, Claudette, David, Dwight, Feng, Jake, Kate, Laurie, Meg, Nea, Quentin, and Tapp.
- Updated a variety of character outfits, textures and materials.
- Updated and fixed a variety of context-specific facial animations.
- Made minor changes to a variety of new Survivor models based on PTB feedback.
- Removed the ability for the plague to infect breakable walls.
- Reduced use of the Nemesis botnet.
- Free keys can no longer open the hatch.
- The map offer for the Raccoon City Police Department has been reactivated.
- Implemented changes to prevent players from modifying certain in-game files (such as models, textures, and images).
- A new Tome and Rift will be added to the archives in the coming days
Gameplay and performance
- Fixed an issue that caused the nightmare to not slow down when loading the "set the trap" interaction.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent the Scourge from using its power after being stunned by a paddle during an attack.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent Clown gas from applying the Shackle effect to running Survivors.
- Fixed an issue that could cause framerate stuttering when playing with or against The Nemesis.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the frame rate to stutter when using the huntress outfit "The Mordeo".
- Fixed an issue that could cause the "Built to Last" perk to trigger when a med kit is consumed by activating the "Anti-Bleeding Syringe" or "Styptic Agent" add-ons.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Demogorgon's "Red Moss" add-on from correctly applying its slowing effect to the portal exit animation.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Survivors to be affected by blurry clown visual effects when playing as Steve Harrington.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent certain visual effects from displaying on a totem when a hex was transferred by the "Hex: Undying" perk.
- Fixed an issue with bot pathing logic that could affect performance in tutorial bot matches.
- Fixed some level issues that could affect performance in Lery's Memorial Institute.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Victor to get stuck jamming a locker if the Survivor inside logged out.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Survivors to desync if they were healed at the same time they were sent to a Cage of Atonement.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players using the nurse to tilt the camera up or down during the fatigue animation.
- Fixed an issue that prevented zombies from disturbing grass.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the "Exposed" effect of the Clown's "Red Head Pinky" add-on to last indefinitely if the Survivor does not move.
- Fixed an issue that could cause downed Survivors to not display bubble notifications when screaming due to madness.
- Fixed an issue that caused Hospital hooks to play a meaty sound effect when hit.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the blocking VFX of Blight's "Summoning Stone" add-on to appear late.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Slayers to reposition in order to retry damaging a generator on the narrow side.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the "Plaid Flannel" add-on to briefly display the location of the previous blink.
- Fixed an issue that could allow the “Fixed” perk to affect exploration speed.
- Fixed an issue that could cause tokens to be consumed for the "Fast Track" perk when using the "Brand New Part" toolbox add-on
- Fixed some issues with "Prove Yourself", "Self-Taught", and "For the People" perks that could affect performance
- Fixed a loading issue that could occur on the initial interact screen and cause the framerate to drop.
- Fixed an issue that caused Nemesis' tentacle strike to hit Survivors through some of the barred windows in the Killer Shack and other main buildings.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Killer players to see the "Blast Mine" perk generator aura when playing as Victor.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent the Spirit's hull from being destroyed by flashlights when aiming at its head.
- Fixed an issue with the "Starstruck" perk that could cause Survivors to exit and re-enter the Terror Radius to lose their Exposed status rather than reset it.
- Fixed an issue with the "Blood Warden" perk that could prevent entity spikes from spawning unless nearby.
- Fixed an issue that could allow Pyramid Head to skip its cooldown when attacking at a certain point.
Cards and Collisions
- Fixed an issue that could cause Survivor legs to clip through safes in the Raccoon City Police Department East Office.
- Fixed an issue that blocked the path by The Nightmare clock near the Raccoon City Police Department stairs.
- Fixed an issue that could allow the nurse to exceed Raccoon City Police Department boundaries.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Survivor and Slayer to get stuck between two rocks near the Yamaoka exit door
- Fixed an issue that could prevent downed Survivors from being picked up at a specific location on the Underground Complex map.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent the projectile killer from going through certain boards.
- Fixed an issue that could cause invisible collision on the Coal Tower stairs.
- Fixed an issue that prevented The Nightmare from placing a Dream Palette in a specific location in Mother's Dwelling.
- Fixed an issue that caused the environment to flicker when moving around certain maps.
- Fixed an issue that allowed bear traps to be placed under the snow inside the Ormond Resort chairlift.
Animations & Cosmetics
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Trapper Mask "Bronze Visor" to appear silver in the trial.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Ashley J. Williams to temporarily float after escaping a Slayer's grasp with the Ashy Slashy cosmetic equipped.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Jill's exploration animation to play incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Wraith's weapon to be invisible on the countdown screen after completing a trial.
- Fixed an issue that could cause keys, maps, and flashlights to use placeholder textures during bot match.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the palette to appear shaky.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Survivors to play the wrong animation for hook grapple failure.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Slayer Masks to clip through the camera during the level intro.
- Fixed an issue that caused Exit Door Switches to not play the correct sound effects when hit by a weapon.
- Fixed an issue that could cause player names in the HUD to exceed 32 characters.
- Fixed an issue with a possible mismatch between the actual sorting of items and the "Sort by" description in the customization menu
- Fixed an issue where the player would only receive blood points for completing a tutorial bot match after a restart.
- Fixed an issue that caused keys, maps, and flashlights to use placeholder textures during tutorial matches with bots when only the first Chunk is installed.
- Fixed an issue that could cause timing errors when trying to complete the Survivors Tutorial.
- Temporary fix of an issue that caused incorrect pips and ranks to be displayed after a public match.
- Fixed an issue that could cause blood spatter behind health status icons in the HUD to disappear or appear with lower opacity than intended.
- Fixed an issue with the analog cursor sometimes disappearing in menus after completing a trial
- Fixed many issues when loading certain Hud icons during gameplay
- Various crash fixes
Corrections de bugs PTB
- Fixed an issue that could cause Survivors to ignore the first time they were hit after unhooking.
- Fixed an issue that could affect player performance when certain debuffs were active.
- Fixed an issue that caused the newly updated perk "No Way Out" to trigger at the end of the generator rather than near the exit door switch.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the "Dead Hard" perk to cover less distance when used.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent Trapper add-ons "Logwood Dye" and "Tar Bottle" from properly darkening the trap.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the camera to obstruct incorrectly when Survivors interact with the Plague Fountain.
- Fixed an issue that caused Claws of Obsession to appear on survivor portraits in the tutorial
- Fixed an issue in the Tally Dashboard that could cause ranks to be unreadable
- Many more miscellaneous bug fixes
- Added an error message when players on these consoles try to connect to a player-hosted game on Steam.
- Some Tome/Rift VIII-related channels are not localized into languages other than English.
- Male Legendary characters will not have in-game idle facial animations, they will just use their default idle/injured idle throughout the game.
- Equipping an item in the store and exiting the game will not save that customization item the next time you launch the game. Consoles only.
Death by the light of day is available on PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo Switch, PC and Stadia. For more information on the game, be sure to visit the official forums.