Destiny 2 finally has full crossplay, and everyone will be given a Bungie Name that will replace their existing username. Your Steam ID, Xbox Gamertag, PSN ID, and Stadia ID will still be tied to your account, but the Bungie naming system will be used for friend requests and party invites going forward. When you first log in, your display name will be similar to your existing username, but you can change it to another if you wish. Here's how to change your Bungie name in Destiny 2.
How to Change Your Bungie Name in Destiny 2
Bungie names cannot currently be changed when crossplay launches in Destiny 2. However, when the feature becomes available, here's how to change your Bungie name:
- Go to bungie.net and click on "My Account" in the top right
- Log in by choosing the platform you play Destiny 2 on
- Once logged in, click on your account icon in the top right corner
- Select "Settings", then navigate to the "Identity Settings" section
- Enter your desired Bungie name in the “Display Name” section and click “Save”
Your new display name will automatically apply in-game the next time you log in. Bungie names can have a maximum of 26 characters. Your platform name (your PSN, Steam, or Xbox name) will still be visible in-game, but it will only appear on the Director's Roster screen.
How to Change the Bungie Name on the Mobile App
You can also change your display name using the Destiny 2 companion app if you prefer, and the process is largely the same. To change your name on the app, follow these steps:
- Open the Destiny 2 companion app
- Log in with the platform you are playing Destiny 2 on
- Go to the Account Settings page
- Find the Display Name section under Identity Settings
- Enter your desired Bungie name and tap the checkmark in the top right corner to save
If you use this method to change your display name, you may need to log out of Destiny 2 and log back into the game for the new name to appear.
Destiny 2 is available now on PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S and Google Stadia.
– This article was last updated on August 24, 2022