With the launch of Destiny 2 Season 15, we expected to see tons of changes to weapons, Exotics, and mods. That expectation became a reality with the release of the most recent This Week on the Bungie Blog. PvE and PvP weapon changes are expected, so whether it's the Anarchy exotic grenade launcher or that dusty old fusion rifle sitting in your vault, the weapon meta in Destiny 2 is going to suffer. a massive change. Keep reading to see what changes are coming on August 24 with the launch of Season 15.
Primary ammo weapons
- All primary ammo weapons now have infinite ammo.
Breech Grenade Launcher
- Blast radius reduced by 0,4m, e.g. maximum explosion radius decreased from 4,55m to 4,15m, minimum explosion radius decreased from 3,80m to 3,40m.
- Reduced splash damage by 20, reducing total damage for a direct hit from 220 to 200 (before accounting for spike or proximity grenades).
- Increased damage in PvE by 12% (due to splash damage change above, this results in a small overall combo damage buff).
- Witherhoard is unaffected.
- Increased damage in PvE by 20%.
Scout Rifles and Hand Cannons
- Increased damage against miners by 15%.
- Increased the PvE damage bonus so that all sub-families have a 15% PvE bonus (previously high impact was 0%, accuracy and adaptation was 10% and rapid fire was 12,5 .XNUMX%).
- High impact frames:
- Charge more slowly.
- Base charge time increased from 0,86s to 1,0s.
- Shots per burst reduced from seven to five.
- Reduced total damage per burst.
- Precision and adaptive frameworks:
- Very slightly increased total damage per burst.
- Rapid Fire Frames:
- Base charge time increased from 0,54s to 0,46s.
- Shots per burst increased from seven to nine.
- Increased total damage per burst.
- The above changes apply to all Exotic Fusion Rifles.
Exotic Weapon Changes
- Reduced total reserve + magazine ammo from 26 to 16.
- Damage reduced by 30% against bosses (champions are not bosses).
- Rate of fire reduced from 120 to 90 rpm.
- Receives less of the machine gun's PvE damage buff.
- fighting lion
- Receives the same changes as other bolt-action grenade launchers.
- Reduced base reload stat to 0 (breech grenade launchers with 0 reload stat reload very, very slowly).
- Now increases reload speed to previous level when damaging multiple enemies with a single grenade.
- Mythoclaste de Vex
- PVE damage bonus increased by approximately 40%.
- Range stat increased to near best in class for high impact auto rifles.
- Increased stability stat.
- Catalyst reworked to grant stability and damage after a kill.
- Rate of fire increased from 360 to 390.
- Reduced Linear Fusion Rifle mode charge time from 820 to 533 (same as standard Linear Fusion Rifles).
- No longer loses Overload stacks when stowing, except in Linear Fusion Rifle mode.
- without mercy
- Updated perk to account for fewer shots per burst (should increase charge rate to same amount per burst as before).
- Reduced damage penalty for increasing charge rate by 40%.
- Reduced charging time from 0,82s to 0,78s (i.e. charging 0,04s faster).
- Damage per shot slightly reduced.
- PvP damage reduced by 15%
- Increased spread angle by 10%.
- Increased PvE damage by 25%
- Sweet business
- Now reloads the magazine by picking up special/heavy ammo instead of primaries.
These are the currently planned weapon archetype and Exotic changes for Season 15 of Destiny 2. In the future we will definitely see more changes in the weapon sandbox, especially as we approach from The Witch Queen. For now, though, we're excited to get Fusion Rifles out of the vault and see how they stack up against the big guns.
Be sure to stay tuned to attack of the fanboy for all the upcoming Destiny 2 news and guides.
Destiny 2 is now available on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Google Stadia and PC.