Update 6 has arrived for Elite Dangerous: Odyssey, and here is the full list of changes and fixes added with this patch.
Developer Frontier Developments plc will now release a new patch for Elite Dangerous: Odyssey. This will be update number 6 and it should be released soon for the PC version of the game.
Downtime maintenance will be performed for the game while the patch is installed. The downtime will only last about 15 minutes and will begin to 13:45 UTC / 14:45 BST today July 29.
One of the highlights of today's patch is visual improvements. The developer has improved the appearance of many planets, adding better colors and textures where needed.
AI improvements have also been made, and many bug fixes have also been implemented. You can read the highlights of today's patch posted below.
Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Update 6 Patch Notes
- Planets! Visual improvements to planet surfaces, color, and texture have been implemented.
- Added equipment option to buy the mod and store it immediately, instead of installing it on the ship (if you watched this week's Supercruise news, this is the one Bruce wanted to shout about, but we needed double status check).
- Camera Suite Redesign – Rather than allowing movement through geometry and erasing the camera when occluded (“the blackout”), the camera now tests for collisions and prevents movement in the collision geometry (more information and discussion on these Update 6 improvements can be found here).
- AMD super-resolution is now integrated.
- You should now see an increase in game performance because rendering is enabled at a lower resolution and then scaled, rather than rendering at constant full resolution.
- There is also the added bonus of this integration which makes the game even more beautiful.
- Can be used to increase resolution when oversampling is set to less than 1x output resolution.
- Execution troops armed with rockets have been added to the game (they use the KA-L6).
- A fix has been implemented for previously invisible scatter rocks and organics.
- Ship ammo and heat sink stock will no longer automatically replenish when entering supercruise (sorry).
- Science Contact – Fixed gear donations for Science Contact (CG Contribution) where the donation event would be triggered as soon as an input was received, making it look like donations were only possible one gear at a time. that time.
- (Try not to clap too loudly, you might wake someone up) Elite Dangerous should now output "cleanly" without the "black screen hang".
If you want to check out the full and longer patch notes, you can do so now by visiting the game's official forums. Elite Dangerous is out now on PC, PS4, and Xbox One platforms.