1.54 update arrived for Dangerous elite, and here is the full list of changes and fixes added with this patch.
Thanks to their official post on Twitter, we already knew that Update 1.54 for Elite Dangerous would include a lot of changes focusing on UI and visual improvements, but that was just putting it mildly. The team behind the popular title went ahead and fixed a ton of things people were already complaining about, as well as a lot of changes in other areas. Nearly every aspect of the game has been tweaked, and we can see it all in the very comprehensive list of patch notes below.
Elite Dangerous Update 1.54 Patch Notes
Elite Dangerous : Horizons [PC & Console]
- A number of stability improvements have been made.
- The Alphekka system has been updated to contain a class A and class G star eclipsing binary.
- Fixed wrong planet names in Sharur and Tau Ceti.
Elite Dangerous: Odyssey
- The remote AI will now fire its pistol during the investigation, rather than its rifle.
- Fixed an issue where the AI was monitoring the player for an extended period of time after a Careless Discharge warning.
- AI reinforcements will no longer spawn in offline settlements if power is restored and alarms triggered.
- Fixed an issue where turrets were not working properly.
- Fixed organic ambiences so they fade properly over distance.
- Mixed settings for helmet radio communication effect and suit voice have been made – soften harsh high frequencies
- Made mix improvements and fixes for audible impressionist layers outside of the lobby – Will only be audible in a lobby.
- Reduced reverb for self-hit notification sounds.
- Audio from mining rigs now properly mute when a colony is not powered.
- In-game music now drops near a grenade explosion.
- Made a reduction in the drop of the tutorial voiceover relative to the in-game music.
- Made mix adjustments on ship launch/landing.
- Mix tunes with radio chatter once on foot.
- SRV scanner sounds now remain audible in turret mode.
- A fix for the missing ambience when hovering over a metal planet in the system map has been made.
- Improvements have been made to landing audio – when docked, the power off audio will sync better with landing.
- Taxi drivers will now say "goodbye" at more reasonable times instead of 15 seconds of awkward silence before being able to disembark.
- Created a fix for suit sudio that informs you that "recharging is over" when you run out of energy for the suit has been created.
- Made a fix for engine landing sounds not playing as a passenger in a wing after supercruising.
- Some sound effects have been added when changing tool mode for Powerlink and Scanner tools.
- Fixed an issue that prevented third person reload and melee animations on some weapons from completing.
- An issue that was present when shooting shotguns in ADS has been fixed.
- Fixed an issue where an incorrect emissive value was present on some NPC shoulders.
- Fixed an issue where some suits were missing a backpack and torch.
- Bound "Select the following grenade type" for presets that use keyboard inputs (Tab).
- New controls with bindings for presets that use keyboard inputs have been added:
- Use Medkit (6)
- Use Energy Cells (7)
- Select Frag Grenade (8)
- Select EMP Grenade (9)
- Select Grenade Shield (0)
- Delete stolen profile ( – )
- Emissive paints have been rebalanced for ships, bringing them closer to how they looked before the Odyssey update.
- Emissive paints have also been balanced for the SRV.
- Mining decals for ships (CG rewards) have been visually improved.
- Fixed various inconsistencies with some paint jobs for the Federal Corvette.
- The cockpit string lights have been rebalanced to appear to glow in light and dark environments.
- Added fixed items for the flight suit helmet.
- Fixed issues with decals not working on shoulder pads.
- Fixed an issue seen with saved games and flight suit livery.
- Fixed user crashes associated with spawning the mission item location.
- Fixed walk out tutorial for an existing Horizons player causing the main menu to get stuck and being unable to enter the game or tutorial.
- Players will now be able to plot hyperspace routes involving neutron boosts.
- Fixed an issue where the gender filter would show when a planet had nothing to filter.
- Fixed an issue where Landing Pad lights would not turn off in Damaged Offline and Offline Settlements.
- Fixed an issue where AI was generated incorrectly in Offline and Offline Damaged Settlements.
Lighting and visual effects
- Fixed for galaxy background brightness discrepancy when player is in cockpit vs when looking at it from outside (e.g. 3rd person/courtesy camera)
- A fix has been made for prismatic shields showing the wrong color (they were previously blue and will appear green again)
- Lights now turn off correctly on the landing pad when a settlement is offline.
- A fix has been added for Lagrange clouds sometimes appearing black.
- Additional improvements and fixes have been made to all fog volumes, including Megaship, Thargoid, Thargoid Barnacle, Guardian Listening Post, and Planet Port Fog.
- A fix has been made for incorrect placement of steam visual effects in a room.
- A fix has been made for strange visual trails that could appear when breaking up a parent asteroid.
- Added depressurization VFX when Player depressurizes a building or room.
- Visual improvements have been made to searchlight cones in Hangars.
- Visual improvements to Thargoid footprint lighting have been made.
- Visual improvements to the lighting of Legacy Elite Bases have been made.
- Fixed the Humanoid Outfitter Shop saying “select a vehicle”.
- Added rotate, zoom and cycle controls to livery.
- Fixed persistent crime icons after paying the fine.
- Fixed issues with contacts popup active on return from Outfitter being accessed through a tech broker and not providing functionality. Now, when you return, you are directed to the base station services.
- Fixed quick access dial being able to be used while using Camera Suite.
- Fixed an issue where the transaction panel would not update when opened.
- Fixed a number of cases where missions were not displaying some of their useful information. This mainly affected Horizons missions. This information should now be present again.
- Generally similar information for the same type of mission, such as tips and tricks for completing it, can now be found in the dedicated help popup. This can be accessed via the question mark button in all mission contract views, or via a hotkey when talking to a mission provider.
- More robust mission settings for menus, to ensure that settings that shouldn't persist don't.
- Fixed an issue preventing players from handing in missions
- Mission providers will stop requesting missions unless you are on foot.
- Fixed an issue where the second player to join an instance could not start their mission.
- Fixed an issue where if the host player created/joined a wing while in an SRV or Fighter, they would have a multi-crew power bonus when returning to the mothership.
- Fixed an issue where if a guest player deployed or boarded an SRV, they would receive a power glitch in the mothership.
- Bonuses are now only granted to guest players in the mothership or fighters and are canceled when players leave the ship by any means.
Organic/Geological and Scatter
- An addition has been made to the Electricae shader to ensure an emissive core.
- Microresource and rock shaders have been updated with new PBRs.
- A fix has been created so that Crystalline Shard exploitable assets do not spawn.
- A fix has been made to Mineables on Legacy Organic/Geological Items spawning in incorrect locations/with incorrect rotations.
- Visual improvements have been made to the organic Electricae and its emissive core.
- Optimizations for vendors and NPCs in social spaces have been made.
- Optimizations for miner and scientist NPCs in settlements have been made.
- Optimizations for hair styles for all characters have been made.
- Optimizations for costumes for all characters have been made.
- Optimization of fire visual effects in rooms has been made.
- A small optimization pass was made to remove unused fog volumes.
- Additional fixes and improvements have been made to the occlusion elimination system.
- Fixed the station body schematic being misaligned with the station.
- Updated culling for interior spaces improving performance around settlements and train stations.
- Improved LOD display on some wreckage props at POIs.
- Fixed missing medium and high difficulty values for the abandoned SRV scavenge POI which would prevent the scavenge mission from being completed.
- A fix has been made for sorting issues seen with character glass and hair
- A fix has been made for SRV dust appearing black - the correct color is now applied
- A fix has been made for occlusion volumes not processing correctly in the social space at certain times
- A fix has been made for occlusion volumes on assets, such as airlock not updating correctly at certain times
- The ability to create smoother blends between surfaces has been added
- Updated long thin rectangular lights to have specular highlights more consistent with their shape
- A fix has been made for some particle effects sometimes getting a visual hard edge
- A fix has been made for player flashlight flickering to varying degrees depending on graphics settings
- A fix has been made for the "puddle" material at the Thargoid footprint not displaying correctly
- Visual improvements and shader updates to cockpit lights have been made
- A fix has been made for incorrect lighting of some planets in the system map
- A fix has been made so that players can take shuttles to ports on high gravity planets
- Added tighter checks on the validity of shuttle destinations to prevent players from getting stuck
- A fix has been made to allow reaching the elite rank of soldier or exo-biologist to allow access to Shinrarta Dezhra
- An FA fix has been made to address an issue with some conflict areas causing a reconnect error
- NPC faction impact on foot kill events has been adjusted to be balanced against other player actions
- A fix has been made for missing helmet options for flight suits
- Combination packs will now all show the overview icon rather than specific components
- Ranking unlock suit components will now have the correct icons
- Shuttle names will now persist when reconnecting
- Fixed an issue that prevented some players from putting missions back on mission boards
- Some settings previously did not include players sitting on the CZ spawn screen in the BGS event at the end of a Conflict Zone, which may have affected people's ability to unlock the Hero Ferrari Engineer
- Additional telemetry for disconnects to help with diagnostics has been added
- Faction conflicts have been fixed so that control of the in-game asset is correctly assigned to the faction that won the conflict.
Rules (new for Odyssey)
- Fixed a hole present outside of a research building
- Fixed a gap present outside of an electrical building and an LOD issue on the PWR sticker
- Fixed collection missions at Human_Small_Extraction_02 sometimes requiring the player to enter an Authority Building 1, making it impossible to legally complete it
- Removed unnecessary intrusion volume on large mining rig
- Removed the "02" sticker from drill rigs at Mining Settlements, so not all drills are labeled 02
- Additional improvements to occlusion around doors
- Fixed room geometry around the exterior of industrial buildings causing errors when felling
- Fixed shift ramps in Legacy Settlements
- Engineer bases now have scattered rocks which spawn closer to them (but do not clip buildings/structures)
- Added emergency stairwells to the Engineer's Base landing pads, so players can't get trapped
- Fixed an issue with intersecting buildings at Colonel Bris Dekker's Engineering Base
- Fixed a wall texture issue in some hangars in various engineer bases
- Fixed a black cube appearing at Zacariah Nemo's Engineer Base
- Removed wandering rock from Felicity Farseer's Genie Base
- Rebalanced materials for INRA sites
- Fixed z-fighting present on building next to generator in SRV training mission
- Fixed emissive values on Alliance ship engines causing them to turn black
- Fixed typo on rear door of Cobra MkIII and Cobra MkIV
- Various hitcheck improvements have been made for the Type-9 Heavy
- Fixed low resolution textures present in the Viper MkIV cockpit
- Camera suite camera orientation fixes have been made for the Viper Mk IV
- Core Dynamics/Federation Corvette and Gutamaya/Imperial Cutter now only advertise in their respective superpower social zones
- Fixed a graphical alpha issue with the Santi vertical ad
Lands and planets
- Fixed an issue that caused some distant planet terrains to appear darker and brighter
- Thargoid probe shaders have been updated to new PBRs
- Map UI – A new panel to display organic data has been added. This is available in the System Map and the Planetary Map.
- In the equip UI, when equipping a mod stored in an empty slot, the transactions popup no longer appears (except when installing a clean mod to the slot vacuum of a hot vessel).
- In the Loadouts UI, old stats that were incorrectly left visible when stats data was changed.
- In the Loadouts UI, we've changed the way engineer mod information is updated, to avoid flickering when browsing mods.
- Humanoid mod stat ranges for jump assist stats have been changed to reflect actual max values.
- Value of exhaustion time multiplier in rate [0,1] for "exhaustion rate", mod stat converted.
- Map UI – Fixed focused/current/selected object marker misalignment and jitter issues
- Loading UI – The title in the respawn stream can now fill the screen, so it won't be multi-lined and will prevent loading from being cut off.
- Mission UI – Added “showIllegal” to mission board mission lists, which tints the icon purple.
- Fixed an issue where the role panel setting was not being read and therefore always appearing, even when it was not intended.
- Boarding Panel – Storage status now shows new strings and icons.
- Boarding Panel – Added a third button to use for restocking supplies.
- Map UI – Fixed an issue that caused the faction state to not update with information from the selected system.
- Mission UI – Fixed header still using mission board header.
- Mission UI – Fixed an issue where the starport service would remember the last board selection, so you can open passenger lounge/community objectives in the social space.
- Map UI – Selecting a bookmark and then drawing a route will now draw a route to that bookmark location, instead of just the system it is in.
- Map UI – Updated pick and quick pick input scheme to allow targeting with mouse and then using controller/keyboard held input
- Map UI – Added the ability to hold down a location button (bookmarks, mission, ships) to plot a route to the location. This only works on normal galaxy and system map modes (not apex/conflict/carrier)
- Map UI – Updated empty bookmark state.
- Map UI – Empty bookmark state will no longer change position based on category title.
- Map UI – Players can now hold left click on lists (filters, display markers, etc.) in map modes to quickly toggle them on/off. It only works with mouse control.
- Map UI – When a filter is updated, the data store is updated instead of recreated, fixing a visual bug when selecting them.
- Map UI – Fixed an issue with goods closing the LHS if the player chooses an option too low in the list.
- Freight Forwarding – Fixed text truncation in the German version of Freight Forwarding popups.
- Fixed the avatar in the foot commander panel so that it now displays a full body image of the commander instead of an incredibly uncomfortable close-up photo.
- "Back" input button functionality will no longer be missing from various user interfaces
- Player should now be able to use the back/cancel button (B on gamepad) to cancel power contact and contact with the fleet carrier provider in the station services UI .
- Fixed an issue with large battle bond voucher values not displaying correctly due to the uint32 cap
- Fixed an issue where incorrect markers were displayed in the terminal facilities list
- Added UI datastore properties to create the additional column in the humanoid inventory panel to show storage values
- Fixed text strings to replace vehicle filter with suits/weapons in store UI
- Fixed the icons for the item/possessed item filter for the humanoid store so that it doesn't show the ship vector icon
- Fixed misaligned clock icon with estimated departure in Fleet Carrier navigation menu
- Fixed missing icon states indicating player commander was muted/speaking/wake
- Removed watermark icons from dropship information in “Conflict Zone Vendor Summary Panel” and centered faction name text.
- Removed pickup and drop location icons for Apex Shuttle in Access UI to match those of Frontline Solutions.
- Fixed alignment issues with background visuals for the Mission Hub UI popup
- The Planetary Level Organics user interface is now functional.
- Fixed the no battery warning message text to be more in line with humanoid terminology. Power limit exceeded -> Battery exhausted
- Fixed DSS view to use the same camera transform as the probe launcher, so the UI doesn't get out of sync
- A fix for the Gamma slider not updating gamma values in-game has been implemented
- An issue with the chest, upper arm, and shoulder parts not appearing for female avatars is currently being investigated.
- An issue with incorrect disposal of certain environmental assets around the exterior of 2 specific buildings is being investigated.
Dangerous elite is available now on PC. For more information about the game, feel free to visit the official site right here.
GAME DEALSGet Twitch Prime for free now and get free in-game items, rewards and games