Because we all need more chaos emerging in our lives, Far Cry 6 adds a new rebellion to the video game artwork. The long-running series of open-world FPS games doesn't change much in the move to PS5/Xbox Series X, but this game is a huge refinement of what the series does best; giving you the tools to dismantle a villain's control any way you want. New features like special Supremo backpacks to give your characters more versatility than ever before, and you'll have to manage your guerrilla activities from camps that give you two setup slots each. There are plenty of balls to keep juggling in the war against the evil Yaran government, and if you're lost and want some help, we've got some tips you'll definitely want to keep in mind.
And those tricks? They don't apply to any previous Far Cry game. Far Cry 6 is packed full of new features – so many new features, the game really doesn't explain some of them at all. We stick to the most relevant points. These are the quickest tips we can provide to save you time and energy. No wasted words or unnecessary suggestions. If you want to get the most out of your Far From It experience, here are a few things I really wish I had known about in advance.
More Far Cry 6 guides:
How To Unlock The Wingsuit | How To Unlock Oluso, Black Panther Amigo | How to Unlock a Secret Easter Egg Ending
Beginner's Guide | Tips & Tricks
- #1: Stealth is your most powerful tool in Far Cry 6. starter carbine with silencer is so powerful you can use it for the entire game without ever switching – and you'll earn bonus rewards for clearing outposts without setting off alarms or being spotted.
- Amigos come in two flavors: Stealth and Combat. In my experience, stealth amigos are the best for almost any situation, and the mystical Black Panther is one of the most powerful. Learn how to get the Black Panther amigo here.
- #2: Buy wheel upgrades to make your car go over checkpoint road spikes. Be sure to store your weapons in guarded areas. This way you won't have to deal with constant firefights and you can move around freely.
- #3: No area is prohibited. At the start of the game, you are free to explore all of Yara. Higher level areas are more difficult, but you can avoid gunfights by hiding weapons. You'll want to explore and grab all the chests you can – some quests give you unique weapons, charms, and even amigos. And you can do it all without worrying about advancing the main story.
- #4: Take out your phone and use the scan function to automatically save civilian cars. You don't need to take them to a friendly garage. It won't work on military vehicles, so you'll have to drive them home.
- #5: First purchase the Hideout Network upgrade from your Guerilla Camp. This unlocks the Wingsuit tool and Air Drop fast travel method. It also unlocks the ability to purchase new fast travel locations.
- The Hideout Network upgrade also gives you Supply Caches. It doesn't look great, but this upgrade provides all of your bases with caches that give you bonus gear every day. A very good first update.
- #6: Buy Fuego gear from the arms dealer or from the guerrilla camp vendors if you like using guns. This gear makes you fire resistant, so you're free to go crazy with the upgraded flamethrower.
- #7: Buy EMP Supremo (or EMP Greandes, or EMP ammo) to disable tanks and other vehicles. Great for getting out of helicopters instantly! Helicopters are a real pain, so switch to EMP ammo or unleash the EMP Supremo – flying tanks can also seriously get you out of any sticky situation.
- Steal a tank from a checkpoint and send it back to save it forever. Tanks are one of the best weapons to keep in your arsenal for a rainy Yaran day.
These are just a few quick tips to help you keep going. We'll be adding more tips as we play the game. There's still a lot to discover in the vast world of Yara, and we're always researching the best ways to play.