Update 1.07 has arrived for Far Cry 6, and here is the full list of changes and fixes added with this patch. On PlayStation 5, this update is version 1.008.000. This update is currently rolling out to all platforms and weighs in at 3,9GB on PS4 and Xbox One and 819MB on PS5 and Xbox Series X|S. Much like the latest Far Cry 6 patches, this update only fixes a few bugs and resolves a few minor issues. Far Cry 6 likely won't get any major new additions until the new title update, which is set to launch with the Pagan Min: Control DLC in 2022. Here's everything new with Far Cry 1.07 update 6.
Far Cry 1.07 Update 6 Patch Notes
- Fixed an issue that could cause an infinite loading screen after launching Vaas: Insanity DLC on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when launching the game on PC after the November 16 patch.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash on PC.
- Fixed an issue that could cause severe FPS drops when hovering over objects in the Arsenal.
- Fixed an issue that displayed an incorrect icon for a PC Co-Op player in your party.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the "New Item" icon from disappearing when hovering over a newly acquired item.
As stated above, this is just a small patch that has been deployed in order to fix a handful of bugs introduced after the last title update. The game should be a little more stable on all platforms after installing this patch, and infinite loading screens and crashes should be much less common on Xbox consoles and PC. A few distracting visual issues have also been fixed, such as the wrong icon displaying for co-op players on PC and new items not being marked with the new item's icon.
We liked Far Cry 6, giving it a 3,5/5 star rating in our test. We praised the gorgeous visuals and solid shooter mechanics, but found the game didn't shake up the established formula enough, stating "Far Cry 6 is just another Far Cry game." , a game that desperately wants to use the imagery of a revolution without having anything meaningful to say about one. Despite its issues, it's still a fun first-person shooter that's worth checking out if you haven't already.
Far cry 6 is available now on PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Google Stadia and Amazon Luna.