Whether you're just starting out or leveling up an alt, knowing when and how to get a mount is crucial. Final Fantasy 14 features a slew of mounts ranging from the legendary Chocobos from the series to a $40 whale bus from the moon that you can use to fly seven of your friends across the lands of Eorzea. Getting a mount makes traveling much less of a hassle, as quests that used to take forever on foot now only take a quick hop and a jump to get where you need to go. Here's everything we know about how to get a mount in Final Fantasy XIV.
How to get a mount in Final Fantasy XIV
To get a mount in Final Fantasy XIV, you'll need to clear main story quests until you unlock Great Enterprises, then exchange 200 Enterprise Seals for a Chocobo issue. There are a few primers to this process, so see below for a quick step on how to achieve this goal and begin your mount journey.
Steps to get your first chocobo
- Complete the level 20 main story quest "A Hero in the Making"
- Join a big company (pick your favorite, they all offer pretty much the same thing but tailored to their city-state)
- Complete GC quests up to "My Little Chocobo" with your GC
- Earn 200 Company Seals by participating in Fates, clearing your Hunting Log or our Commendation, doing a few Great Company Surveys.
- Once you've gotten the 200 needed, talk to the Grand Company Quartermaster and exchange your seals for a Chocobo Emission. Note that the name will be XX Chocobo Issuance according to the GC. For example, Limsa has the Storm Chocobo show.
- Return to your quest giver for My Little Chocobo and trade your broadcast for your first mount whistle. Use it from your inventory and you'll encounter your first mount. Congratulation!
Final Fantasy XIV is available on PC, PS4 and PS5. Be sure to check out our other FFXIV guides while you're here!