Update 2.1 is almost here for Genshin Impact, and here is the exact release time when you can start playing. Genshin Impact version 2.0 introduced a whole new region, a new main story chapter, and an awesome new character a few weeks ago, and now another patch is coming with even more content. Update 2.1 brings the final chapter in the Inazuma Archon story, a handful of new characters, a surprise PlayStation crossover, and more. Here's everything you need to know about Genshin Impact 2.1, including release time, preload info, and early patch notes.
Genshin Impact 2.1 Release Time
Genshin Impact 2.1 will be released at 20:00 PM PT / 23:31 PM ET on August 15. Although MiHoYo has not confirmed the exact release time, the developer has stated that the maintenance period will begin at 00:18 PM PT / 00:31 PM ET on August 2.1. , and this maintenance period should last about five hours. This means that Update 20 will be available around 00:23 PM PT / 00:XNUMX PM ET.
Just like the last 2.0 maintenance period, MiHoYo provides players with free Primogems to compensate for downtime. 300 Primogems will be awarded to all players once the servers are back online, which equates to 60 Primogems per downtime hour. Even if the maintenance ends early, players will still receive the full 300 Primogems.
How to Preload Genshin Impact 2.1 Update
To preload Genshin Impact 2.1 update on PC, you just need to open the launcher and click on “Game Pre-Installation”. You will need 16,1 GB of free space to install the update. Once the download is complete, you will be ready to play once the update is released.
To download the 2.1 update on mobile, log into the game on your iOS or Android device. Once you are in the game, open the Paimon menu and select Settings. Next, navigate to the Other section and tap on "Pre-install Resource Package". You will need 2,24 GB of free space to download it.
Unfortunately, there is currently no way to pre-load the update on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5. In order to download the update file as soon as possible, press the Options button while hovering over Genshin Impact on your dashboard PlayStation and choose "Check for Update." » If the update is available, it will automatically begin to download to your console. We'll update this article if PlayStation preloads become available.
New characters in 2.1
Update 2.1 adds four new characters to the game. Raiden Shogun and Sangonomiya Kokomi are the two new 5-star characters coming in this update, and Kujou Sara is the newest 4-star character in the game. Genshin Impact also gets the Crossover character Horizon Zero Dawn Aloy in this update, but only for PlayStation users. Here are all the new characters and their details:
- 5 Star Character “Plane of Euthymia” Raiden Shogun (Electro)
- Gnosis: Electro
- Arms : Arms you've got
- His Excellency, the Almighty Narukami Ogosho, has promised the people of Inazuma an unchanging eternity.
- 4 Star Character “Crowfeather Kaburaya” Kujou Sara (Electro)
- Vision: Electro
- Weapon: Bow
- A general of the Tenryou Commission. Bold, decisive and skilled in combat.
- 5 Star Character "Pearl of Wisdom" Sangonomiya Kokomi (Hydro)
- Vision: hydraulic
- Weapon: Catalyst
- The divine priestess of Watatsumi Island. All the affairs of the island are within reach of this young woman.
- 5-Star Character "Savior From Another World" Aloy (Cryo)
- Vision : Cryo
- Weapon: Bow
- Once an outcast, now a hunter of unparalleled skill. Ready to do the right thing at all times.
I. New Inazuma Islands — Seirai Island and Watatsumi Island
◇ New Islands: After the Version 2.1 update, two new islands, Seirai Island and Watatsumi Island in the Inazuma region will be available.
◇ Unlock Criteria:
• Reach Adventure Rank 30 or higher
• Complete the Archon quest “Chapter II: Act I – The Still God and Eternal Euthymia”
Nouveau domaine de Trounce – Île de Narukami: Tenshukaku
It is the home of the Raiden Shogun, who rules Inazuma.
It is also the perfect place for a "duel before the throne".
◇ Unlock Criteria: Reach Adventure Rank 35 or higher and complete the Archon quest “Chapter II: Act III – Omnipresence over mortals”
Located on Narukami Island.
Domain: Palace in a swimming pool
It is said that a long time ago, sea water had not yet filled this pool. The moonlight was brighter then, and it filled the pool instead, flowing freely like quicksilver.
◇ Unlock Criteria: Reach Adventure Rank 38 or above and meet certain criteria.
◆ Challenge the Domain for rewards such as Primogems and Electro Sigils.
Located on Watatsumi Island.
II. New System – Fishing
Recently, the ecology of Teyvat has seen an increase in the fish population, with many new species of fish appearing in various waters. The grassroots fishing association has its hands full and had to set up a commission to help the Adventurers Guild…
Bring your fishing rod, choose the bait, find the spot, cast your rod, reel it in and voila, a big catch!
The caught fish can not only be used to make dishes, but can also be exchanged for valuable treasures at the Fishing Association. There's even a chance of catching vibrant ornamental fish to admire in your home!
What are you waiting for? Let's become fishermen together!
◇ Unlock Criteria:
• Unlock the Serenitea potty system
• Complete the “Population Explosion” quest.
*To make it easier for travelers to save fishing spot locations, a pin to mark fishing spots has been added to the map. Travelers can place the pins as needed.
III. New characters
5 Star Character “Plane of Euthymia” Raiden Shogun (Electro)
Gnose : Electro
Arms : Arms you've got
His Excellency, the Almighty Narukami Ogosho, has promised the people of Inazuma an unchanging eternity.
4 Star Character “Crowfeather Kaburaya” Kujou Sara (Electro)
Vision : Electro
A general of the Tenryou Commission. Bold, decisive and skilled in combat.
5 Star Character "Pearl of Wisdom" Sangonomiya Kokomi (Hydro)
The Divine Priestess of Watatsumi Island. All the affairs of the island are within reach of this young woman.
5-Star Character "Savior From Another World" Aloy (Cryo)
Vision : Cryo
Once an outcast, now a hunter of unparalleled skill. Ready to do the right thing at all times.
How to Get "Otherworldly Savior" Aloy (Cryo)
All Travelers who have reached Adventure Rank 20 or higher will be able to obtain the event-exclusive 5-Star Character Aloy (Cryo) "Savior from Another World" directly through in-game mail.
This event will be divided into two phases:
After Version 2.1 Update – Before Version 2.2 Update Maintenance (2022/10/13 05:59 (UTC+8))
During the event, all Travelers who log into Genshin Impact on PlayStation®4 or PlayStation®5 will be able to obtain “Savior from Another World” Aloy (Cryo) directly via in-game mail.
After Version 2.2 Update – Before Version 2.3 Update Maintenance (2022/11/24 05:59 (UTC+8))
During the event, travelers who log into Genshin Impact on any available platform and have not yet obtained the character during Phase I will be able to obtain Aloy directly through in-game mail.
"PlayStation", "PS5", "PS4", "DualSense", "DUALSHOCK" are registered trademarks or trademarks of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.
Engulfing Lightning (5-Star Polearm)
Moon Eternal Moon (5 Star Catalyst)
Luxurious Sea Lord (Claymore 4 Star)
“The Catch” (4 Star Polearm)
“Hyakunin Ikki” Event: Team Change Battle Challenge Awaits
During the event, take part in the free-for-all "Hyakunin Ikki" battle tournament and show off your elegant fighting skills by defeating opponents in two-character tag teams. By reaching target scores, travelers can earn rewards such as the event-exclusive Calling Card Style "Celebration: Ikki", Primogems, and more.
02/09/2022 10:00 – 13/09/2022 03:59
Reach Adventure Rank 30 or higher
And complete the Archon quest "Ritou's Escape Plan"
"Passage of Clouds and Stars" Daily Login Event
Log in for seven days during the event to get Intertwined Fate ×10 and other rewards!
2022/09/28 04:00 until the end of version 2.1
Reach Adventure Rank 5 or higher
Connections: 1 day – Intertwined Fate ×1
Connections: 2 days – Mora × 80
Connections: 3 days – Intertwined Fate ×2
Connections: 4 days – Mystical Enhancement Ore ×18
Connections: 5 days – Intertwined Fate ×2
Connections: 6 days – Hero's Wit ×8
Connections: 7 days – Intertwined Fate ×5
“Moonlight Merriment” Event: Participate and redeem for the event-exclusive claymore, Luxurious Sea-Lord
The “Moonlight Merriment” event will also be available. During the event, travelers can complete quests in Moonchase Tales or participate in the Moonlight Seeker and Trail of Delicacies challenges to earn rewards such as the event-exclusive claymore, Luxurious Sea-Lord along with its refinement materials, Crown of Insight, Primogems, recipes, and more.
VI. New main story
1. New Archon Quest
Archon Quest “Chapter II: Act III – Omnipresence over mortals”
◇ The Tri-Commission, the Resistance, the Vision Hunting Decree, “Musou no Hitotachi”… The Traveler was caught in the middle of the Inazuma conflict.
Where will the Raiden Shogun's desire for "eternity" lead his people, and how much will it cost them...
2. New Story Quests
Raiden Shogun's Story Quest "Imperatrix Umbrosa Chapter: Act I - Reflections of Mortality"
Sangonomiya Kokomi's Story Quest: "Dracaena Somnolenta Chapter: Act I - Dreams of Warriors Love Spring Grass Renewal"
3. New World Quests
◆ New World Quests: "The Moonlit Depths", "Divine Plant of the Deep", "Lonely Sea Beast", "Seirai Stormchasers", "Relics of Seirai", "Reminiscence of Seirai", "Neko is a cat”, “Method of narration”, “Fertilizer… Seller? "The Narukami Trail", and more.
VII. New monsters
◇ Signora, the eighth Fatui announcer.
◇ Elemental creature that protects itself with an elementally inert cubic shell.
manifestation of thunder
◇ An elemental life form created as the Avatar of Thundering Outrage.
◇ High elemental concentrations resulted in the creation of this floating creature.
VIII. Other additions
1. Adds a new mechanic by which there is a probability of triggering a character's voice line related to treasure chests when opening treasure chests in the open world.
2. New Recipes: Sweet Shrimp Sushi, Bird's Egg Sushi, Grilled Unagi Fillet, Rice Omelet, Taiyaki, More and More, Rice Pudding, Braised Meat, Oncidium Tofu, Kitten Meal invigorating, chili-thin corn buns, satiety gel, mind-blowing ploy, faith eternal
3. New achievement categories such as "Teyvat Fishing Guide: Series I", Inazuma: Islands of Thunder and Eternity - Series II" and additions to the "Wonders of the World" category
4. New calling cards: “Travel Notes: Moonchaser”, “Raiden Shogun: Enlightenment”, “Sangonomiya Kokomi: The Deep”, “Kujou Sara: Tengu”, “Aloy: Dawn”, “Achievement: Nails”, “ Inazuma: Sangonomiya Crest", "Celebration: Tuneful Delight", "Celebration: Ikki"
5. New Animals: Ornate Unagi, Red-finned Unagi, Sunset Loach, Sunny Loach
6. Nouveaux poissons: Medaka, Glaze Medaka, Sweet-Flower Medaka, Aizen Medaka, Dawncatcher, Crystalfish, Lunged Stickleback, Betta, Venomspine Fish, Akai Maou, Snowstrider, Brown Shirakodai, Purple Shirakodai, Tea-Colored Shirakodai, Abiding Angelfish, Raimei Poisson-ange, Golden Koi, Rusty Koi, Pufferfish, Bitter Pufferfish, poisson exclusif à l’événement Moonfin
7. Pool of Sapphire Grace: Ornamental fish caught via fishing can be bred in this type of pond. This furniture plan can be exchanged with the Liyue Fishing Association.
8. A new pack “Boundless Symphony” will be added to the store at a later date: Purchase this pack to receive a special calling card style: “Celebration: Tuneful Delight”, Special Furniture: “Splendid Phrase”, Special Wind Glider : “Wings of Poetic Melodies”, and Primogems × 1.
9. Adds collection series 2 to 6 of "Paimon's Paintings" chat emojis and saving emojis function
10. Abyss and spirals:
Level 11 Ley Line Disorders have been replaced with:
• When opponents are defeated, all party members will be affected by the “Corrosion” status.
• Corroded characters lose a fraction of their HP every second. Active characters can be downed by corrosion. When a non-active character's HP is below 15%, they will no longer lose HP due to corrosion.
• Corrosion lasts 10s and can stack. The duration of each stack is counted independently.
12th Floor Ley Line Disorders have been replaced with:
• For this floor only, ley line flow will be normal.
Updated the range of monsters on floors 11-12 of Spiral Abyss.
From the first moon phase refresh after updating to 2.1, the two moon phases will be as follows：
After a character uses an elemental burst, the ATK of all party members is increased by 6,5% for 15 seconds. Maximum 7 stacks. When 7 stacks are reached, the active character's normal attacks will trigger a shockwave at the hit opponent's position, inflicting AoE DMG. A shockwave can be triggered this way once every 2 seconds.
For 10 seconds after a character uses an Elemental Burst, that character's normal and charged attacks will trigger a shockwave at the opponent's position hit at a cost of 1% of the character's HP, inflicting AoE DMG. This effect will be canceled when this character leaves the field. A Shockwave can be triggered this way once every 1. Active characters can fall as a result of this HP loss.
※ The reset times of Spiral Abyss and Blessing of the Abyssal Moon will not be changed. These remain respectively the first and the sixteenth day of each month. The above Spiral Abyss update will take effect from September 16 (server time).
IX. Adjustments and optimizations
1. After Genshin Impact Version 2.1 update, each level of Genesis Crystals recharge on the Crystal Top-Up page will be reset to provide double bonus for the first recharge.
• After reset, each recharge level will reset to provide double bonus on your first recharge.
• Reload bonuses that have not been used before the reset will not accumulate. After reset, it will not be possible to get two double bonuses for each recharge level.
2. After the update to version 2.1, the “Stellar Reunion” system will have the following updates:
• The duration of the “Stellar Reunion” event has been extended to 14 days after activation.
• For the first 4 days after unlocking “Homeward Path”, new missions will be unlocked every day at 04:00. Complete specified quests to get points and claim rewards. When your accumulated points reach a designated value, you can claim rewards such as Mappa Mare (Catalyst) and Fragile Resin.
• The “Blessing of Reunion” has been adjusted so that travelers can get a total of 21 opportunities to earn double loot during the event period. You can use it up to 3 times a day. The daily usage limit will be refreshed at 04:00 every day.
The above times for unlocking and refreshing are based on the time of the server you are playing on.
The time zone of each server is:
America (UTC-5); European (UTC+1); Asia (UTC+8); TW, Hong Kong, MO (UTC+8)
1. Improves the trial character's ability in certain story quests at certain world levels.
1. Adjusts the light effect of Lumine's outfit when it is elementless.
2. Optimized Kazuha's Elemental Burst animation effects on lower graphics settings.
3. When a character is attacked while immune to certain DMG (e.g. when casting Elemental Burst), the shield's DMG absorption will not decrease.
1. Optimizes character skills to lock and attack Ruin Sentinels after the Perpetual Mechanical Array splits.
2. Removes Nobushi's skill to go back.
3. Optimizes combat experience when it comes to Nobushi's draw technique.
4. Reduced the weight of Nobushi and Kairagi.
5. Increases the time Pyro Hypostasis Core is exposed when performing a Pyro Pillar attack.
6. Increases the duration of Pyro Hypostasis' rekindle skill and optimizes the character's lock experience by attacking fire seeds during its rekindle skill. When all of the Fire Seeds are extinguished, the Pyro Hypostasis will end its reignite skill early.
● They are
1. Sets the trigger frequency for some of Ayaka's idle vocal lines.
2. Optimized the trigger mechanism of character voice lines regarding weather.
3. Optimized the mechanism for triggering characters' voice lines related to friendship level in the open world.
4. Optimizes sound effects when using surround sound devices.
5. Optimized sound effects when upgrading artifacts and weapons.
6. Optimizes the Chinese and Japanese battle voice lines of some characters, and fixes the issue of missing English battle voice lines for some characters.
7. Optimizes English, Japanese and Korean voice lines for some quests and fixes the issue where Japanese voice lines were missing in some quests.
1. Added Thunderwood area of effect height limit.
2. Optimizes Raiden Shogun's judgment condition to enter the "Vision Hunt Decree" battle stage in Archon Quest "Chapter II: Act II - "Silence, the Sublimation of Shadow".
3. Optimized the reticle style in aiming mode.
4. Adds prompts for loading screens.
5. Adds a new voice auto-read function for the trip log.
6. Reduces the absorbed load by repeatedly placing certain pieces of furniture in the same area.
7. Adjusted the Adventure Rank requirement for purchasing the recipe：Three-Layer Consummate at Adventure Rank 25 (previously Adventure Rank 40).
Genshin impact is available now on PC, PS4, PS5 and mobile devices.
– This article was last updated on August 30, 2022