GTFO has just received its december update, and here is a list of all the changes and fixes added with this patch. This co-op horror shooter was just released a few days ago and fans are thrilled. The game grew from around 2000 players to almost 12000 on its release date. This is one of the first post-launch updates, so expect a lot of changes and fixes from this one. Here's everything new with the December GTFO update.
December GTFO Patch Notes
NEW FEATURES AND CHANGES
- Added an icon to indicate when there are new Boosters/Clothes.
- INVENTORY renamed to CLOTHES in the loadout menu.
- Adjusted the light intensities for shooters, heavy shooters, and hybrid projectiles so they aren't as overwhelming in dark environments.
- Improved the quality of directional light shadows, especially in outdoor areas.
- Added impact effects to the shooter, heavy shooter, and hybrid projectiles to improve their feel.
- Added a progress bar to show when bots are giving players resources.
- Adjusted the appearance of fog near the camera (brightness and opacity). This improves visibility outside heavy fog across the entire game.
- Slightly reduced forward spread of fog. This makes looking directly at the lights in fog a little less bright.
- Fixed the front sight of the Sawed Off Shotgun floating strangely in the air when not aiming.
- Bots will now prefer to equip melee weapons when stealthed.
- Bots will now strike a better balance between tagging enemies and fighting.
- Fixed a bug where enemies spawning from the D1 Apex Gate Alarm Wave would not spawn where they should have.
- Fixed D1 sub-objective update triggering too early and could confuse players with incorrect objective information.
- Reduced fog density in D3 overall. Mainly in the secondary sector and after the end of the overload sector.
- Fixed D2 scan name to reflect scan difficulty.
- Removed D2 Blood Gate scans.
- Terminal removed from D2 Zone 193.
- B2 output sweep at increased speed.
- Adjusted enemy wave to D2 for scan entering area 366.
- Fog adjusted when Air_Filtration_Startup command was enabled.
- Fixed missing Intel Warden when HSU scan is complete.
- Fixed enemy pathing issue in D1 85 area.
- Adjusted lights in D2 Area 363.
- Fixed a bug where the boss was unintentionally visible from certain areas of C1.
- Fixed a bug affecting C2 where restarting from checkpoint would not reset the requirement for HiSec Crate.
- Fixed an exception where you couldn't use the communication menu to ask humans to carry objective items.
- Fixed a bug where the "take item" command was not available for client players.
- Fixed an exception that caused the mine deployer icon to sometimes not display.
- Fixed a bug where the 'deploy machine gun/trigger mine' comms menu commands weren't working.
- Fixed a bug where the boss rage glow was not working on clients.
- Fixed a bug where runoff enemies would spawn from the front instead of the elevator.
- Fixed a bug where boss weak points would display for clients in situations where they shouldn't be displayed.
- Fixed boss movement speed.
- Fixed a bug where having the map open for a while could cause the game to lag or crash.
- Fixed various exceptions, leading to improved game stability.
- Fixed a bug where bots were not picking up resources and consumables when they should. If you are more than 4 meters from the box, they will grab the items.
- Fixed a bug where bots were not inheriting items from human players when they should be.
- Fixed a bug where robots were not optimally positioned by the "follow" action.
- Fixed a bug where robots would sometimes drop expedition items in inaccessible places.
- Fixed a bug where bots miscalculated foam gun ammo usage c.
- Fixed a bug where bots would run while carrying objects that disallow running.
- Fixed a bug where, when joining a game in progress, you couldn't see who was following the bots.
- Fixed a bug where after restoring the checkpoint you couldn't tell bots to pack deployed tools.
- Fixed a bug where robots could not use the fog turbine.
- Fixed a bug where bots were not distributing resource packs evenly.
- Fixed a bug where robots could pick up consumable travel mines.
- Fixed a bug where bots could not climb certain ladders.
- Fixed a bug where bots walked painfully slow when instructed to grab an expedition item.
This update fixed a lot of bugs, ranging from simple issues like bots not climbing certain ladders to performance issues when using the map for too long. Along with these bug fixes, the developers have added more visual features to the game. Now the game features new impact effects, better lighting, and a progress bar to notify players when a bot gives them resources.
GTFO does not hold players' hands. This cooperative shooter immerses players in a terrifying environment with complex tasks, giving them only the information they need. Don't be surprised if you find yourself lost in your first game; player-created guides will be indispensable with this ambitious title.
GTFO is available now on PC. For more information on this fix, check out the official GTFO Twitter page.