CD Projekt Red released the update 9.1 patch notes for Gwent: The Witcher Card Game, due out July 7. This Witcher-themed card game was released in October 2022, and although support was discontinued for console versions of the title a year later, the game continued to receive support and updates on PC. This particular update focuses on rebalancing existing maps across all factions, with a few small additions and bug fixes. Here's everything new in Gwent's 9.1 update.
Gwent: The Witcher Card Game 9.1 Patch Notes
The patch notes are taken directly from the official Gwent site.
- New unit: Sunset Wanderers. Witcher, 1 power, 11 provisions. This card starts in the leftmost position of your hand. At the start of your turn, in hand, move one position to the right then boost by 1. At the end of your turn, if you have not passed and there is no card to the right of this card, Summon from your hand to a random friendly row, then draw a card.
- Doppler: Provisions changed from 6 to 5.
- Elder Bear: Provisions changed from 6 to 4.
- Caravan Vanguard: Provisions changed from 6 to 5.
- Swallow: Provisions changed from 5 to 4.
- Mahakam Ale: Provisions increased from 5 to 4.
- Scout: Provisions changed from 5 to 4.
- Vaedermakar: Added Druid category.
- Yennefer: Divination: Dispositions changed from 9 to 8.
- Triss Merigold: Provisions increased from 9 to 8.
- White Frost: Added a new part of the ability: Each time you play a Wild Hunt unit, increase it by 1 if there is Frost in the opposite row.
- Ice Giant: Provisions increased from 6 to 5.
- Hideous Feast: Provisions decreased from 5 to 4.
- Griffin: power changed from 8 to 9.
- Kikimore Worker: Dispositions changed from 5 to 4.
- Red Horsemen: Provisions changed from 6 to 5.
- Ard Gaeth: Provisions increased from 9 to 8.
- Maerolorn: power changed from 3 to 4.
- Sorcerer's Apprentice: Dispositions changed from 4 to 5.
- Rage of the Sea: Supplies increased from 14 to 15.
- Veteran Tuirseach: Berserk requirement changed from 2 to 3.
- Pirate Dimun: power changed from 7 to 8.
- Rabid Bear: power changed from 7 to 8.
- Disgraced Brawler: Provisions increased from 5 to 4.
- Boat Builders: cooldown added: 1
- An Craite Warcrier: power changed from 3 to 4.
- Morkvarg: Added Pirate category. Layouts changed from 8 to 7.
- Svalblod Cultist: Provisions changed from 5 to 4.
- Pinch Maneuver: Provisions increased from 16 to 15.
- Immortal Cavalry: Provisions increased from 6 to 5.
- Cursed Knight: Provisions changed from 5 to 4.
- Redanian Elite: Provisions reduced from 5 to 4. Armor reduced from 4 to 3.
- War Wagon: cooldown added: 3
- Reinforced ballista: power changed from 4 to 3. Armor changed from 0 to 1.
- Half-Elf Hunter: Provisions increased from 6 to 5.
- Waylay: Provisions changed from 5 to 4.
- Dwarf Mercenary: Provisions increased from 5 to 4.
- Mahakam Defender: Dispositions changed from 5 to 4.
- Archer of Dol Blathanna: power increased from 4 to 5.
- Forest Whisperer: Order (ranged) changed to. Give Vitality to an allied unit for 3 turns.
- Cat Witcher Saboteur: power changed from 4 to 5.
- Imperial Formation: Part of the ability changed to: After all charges are exhausted, move a unit from your deck up.
- Imprisonment: Dispositions changed from 16 to 15.
- Double Cross: Dispositions changed from 17 to 16.
- Imperial Diplomacy: Dispositions changed from 5 to 4.
- Nilfgaardian Knight: power changed from 7 to 8.
- Ard Feainn's Turtle: Dispositions changed from 5 to 4.
- Mage Torturer: power changed from 4 to 5.
- Albrich: Provisions increased from 7 to 6.
- Viper Witcher: Adrenaline 6 effect changed to: If not a token, spawn a base copy of this unit at the top of the opponent's deck.
- Clothed Weapons: Mortal Blow effect changed to: If it wasn't a token, banish it and spawn a base copy of it on the opponent's deck.
- Affan Hillergrand: Provisions changed from 8 to 7.
- Imperial Golem: Power changed from 11 to 12. Provisions changed from 7 to 6.
- Blightcaller: Provisions increased from 5 to 6.
- The Guardian: level changed from gold to bronze. Rarity changed from Epic to Common.
- Pirate's Cove: Provisions increased from 15 to 14.
- Pot: Dispositions changed from 16 to 15.
- Contraband: Supplies increased from 5 to 4.
- Arena Ghoul: Provisions changed from 5 to 4.
- Arena Endraga: Power changed from 5 to 6.
- Cleaver Muscle: Provisions increased from 5 to 4.
- Bloody Good Friends: power changed from 5 to 6.
- Adriano the Mink: Added a new part of the ability: Increase Profit by 1 for each Sneaky Seducer ally.
- Whoreson Junior: power goes from 5 to 4.
- Auto milling settings are now stored on the account instead of on the device.
- WitcherCon Festival – from 2 days after the release of 9.1
- Dead Man's Tongue will no longer display the deck in order.
- Cards such as Dire Bear, Cahir Dyffryn, and Black Blood no longer count base power increases as a boost.
- Assassin Mage can no longer be summoned from the top of the deck during the opponent's turn.
- Ethereal will now correctly transform demons.
- Cintrian Envoy will now display all map types as intended, not just units.
- Reinforced Ballista cooldown will now properly refresh at the start of the round, not at the end of the round.
- Megascope and Dol Blathanna Whisperer will now properly reset their counter when leaving the board.
- Fixed shader issue affecting adrenaline and shield visuals.
The 9.1 patch notes received mixed responses from the Gwent community. Some nerfs are considered unnecessary, while others are praised for helping balance the game, but are considered long overdue. The only real new feature is minor, moving the auto milling settings to save to your account, so your settings carry over across devices. Finally, several bugs involving false power boosts, meter resets, shaders, and various others have been resolved and fixed.
Gwent: The Witcher Card Game is available to play on PC.
GAME DEALSGet Twitch Prime for free now and get free in-game items, rewards and games