Update 1.2398.0.0 has arrived for Halo : la collection Master Chief, and here is the full list of changes and fixes added with this patch.
This update was released on June 23 and should now be available for all platforms. If you're playing the game on Steam, the file size is 12,4 GB. If you're playing the game on PC via Game Pass or the Microsoft Store, it's 34,09 GB. Finally, Xbox owners will need to download 32,77 GB of data.
There is a ton to look forward to in this new update as the Season 7 customization content has been released. A new map for Halo 3 has also been released. 343 Industries has also improved the graphics for Halo: Combat Evolved and more.
You can read the full patch notes below.
- New Halo: Advanced Combat Vehicle Skins
- New Halo 3 Elite Armors
- New Halo 3 Energy Sword colors
- New Halo 3 Tech Suits
- Halo weapons skins 4
- Halo 4 Armor (the “Champion Pack”)
- New static and animated nameplates
The long-awaited custom game browser is live for Halo: Reach. Players can use the Browse menu to find other people's custom games or the Create menu to customize and host their own custom game session.
Thanks to the players who helped us test the custom game browser during the scale test. Since then, we've improved the experience in several ways:
- Complete game sessions now appear at the bottom of the list.
- le Session name The field now has a longer character limit.
- The game now notifies the party leader if they try to join a game session, but a party member has not installed the necessary content.
- When "Repeat Game" is enabled, the pause menu now says "Next Game" instead of "End Game"
- Fixed several session list sorting issues.
- Several improvements have been made to how voice and text chat work with parties during gameplay.
- Fixed exploits that allowed known cheaters to enter sessions.
Originally designed for Halo Online, the second new map for Halo 3, "Edge", has been added and can appear in Social Matchmaking. Edge is a symmetrical map that supports all major game variations in Halo 3 with 4-12 players.
Fight with Sentinel Beams and silenced SMGs through an unobstructed cliffside view and an isolated ancient database in this new map on the remote frontier world of Partition.
Players can now play on the two new Halo 3 maps, "Waterfall" and "Edge", when queued in Social Matchmaking. Thanks for the player feedback that helped us make fixes and improve visual polish on both maps before moving them to matchmaking.
To help give the Firefight community a boost, Firefight matchmaking is now part of the social matchmaking stream (you can read the blog post here). We hope this helps you in several ways:
- The Firefight game mode will have increased visibility by appearing alongside other social game modes.
- Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach Firefight communities will be closer together, improving wait times for everyone. Players can still choose to queue for just one of the games if they wish.
- Players can be more specific with the types of games they are looking for.
- This creates the ability to rotate Firefight options and categories.
Numerous graphical updates, from fog and shader effects to original character models and active camouflage quality, bring Halo: Combat Evolved even closer to the classic experience. Some updates include:
- Active Camo is closer to the original Xbox look, with a darker, less reflective tint.
- All map textures now display bump maps, which is especially noticeable on metal surfaces and Forerunner
- Fog effects on multiple maps now display correctly, such as above the canyon in Assault on the Control Room, Two Betrayals, 343 Guilty Spark, and Keyes.
- Covenant shields now react to plasma weapon fire by changing color.
- The visual effects of al shields, teleporters, Spirit Dropships, and Cortana's color in the Ring Control Room now match the original Xbox version.
- The flashlight shine distance is farther and better represents the distance on the original Xbox version.
- Translucent textures such as windows on Pillar of Autumn are no longer too opaque and now have the correct reflections.
- The original Captain Keyes model from the Xbox version is back.
- Detail and reflection layers are now applied in the correct order on Master Chief's armor, Forerunner gates, Pelican Dropships, and more.
- The screen flash that appears when taking stealth or taking a teleporter is now closer to the original Xbox version.
- Combat Flood Forms and Health Packs now glow like they did in the original Xbox version.
Halo: Combat Evolved Hardcore Playlist Changes
We've updated the Hardcore settings for Halo: Combat Evolved based on feedback from competitive players to improve this playlist and bring it in line with the modified competitive gaming experience popularized by the competitive community on Xbox. This includes the following changes:
- Weapon ready effects only play for local players.
- Weapons dropped disabled collision and gear sounds.
- Footstep sounds disabled.
- Killfeed messages only show up if they are related to a local player or their teammates.
The other supplements menu options are externally linked:
- Site d'assistance Halo
- Halo Nightfall (only viewable on Xbox version of MCC)
- Halo 5 (only viewable on Xbox version of MCC)
For the first release of MCC's Halo: Combat Evolved modding tools, we're including four different programs. Modders may know a few, but this build includes the most powerful tools available for Halo: Combat Evolved (for advanced users only!)
In addition to this, we are releasing the Halo: Combat Evolved level scripts zip files and all tag files that were used to create the campaign and multiplayer levels.
These tools and files are provided as-is, but we plan to make updates over time to address issues we see discussed in the mod community.
You can download these tools from Steam. In the Steam app, set your library filter to include "Tools", locate "Halo: CE Mod Tools" and install. You can also use the run command “steam://run/1532190” to install them. The full blog post on Steam goes into more detail about these tools and how to access them.Resolved issues
Many improvements come from Halo Insider feedback and Halo support tickets submitted by our community. Thank you for participating and keep submitting tickets! Below is a list of fixes in this update:
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the game to crash on Xbox consoles when performing background operations.
- Fixed an issue that prevented split-screen secondary profiles from being able to interact with the Exchange
- Fixed an issue where players could stay in the Exchange menu and try to unlock offers after they expire (which would always fail).
- Fixed an issue where game types not supported by the current game size in the social games menu still appeared to be selectable.
- Fixed an issue where the Seasonal overview button in Options and career incorrectly displayed "Recovering..." for guests.
- Fixed issues with displaying various icons when playing in low resolution.
- Improved the season cosmetic unlock animation to be more responsive and reduced the frequency with which attempts to unlock an item "fail".
- Various improvements and optimizations to the Challenge system to improve the reliability of saving progress.
- Improved performance in multiplayer modes where new customization options might be visible.
- Fixed several issues preventing players from navigating menus when launching MCC on Xbox with only a mouse and keyboard plugged in.
- Fixed several scenarios where players would get stuck after logging out of an account when using mouse and keyboard on Xbox.
- Gamma adjustments per title are now possible on Xbox.
- Background is no longer blurred when adjusting per-title gamma in-game, allowing immediate preview of changes.
- Voice chat now uses the active audio device set in Windows when "Voice chat output" in MCC is set as default.
- Emblems tied to viewing episodes of “Halo: Nightfall” are now available to all players on Xbox and PC.
- Fixed an issue where game volume could not be adjusted in Halo 3 and Halo: Reach gameplay.
- Removed the SFX signal to restart a matchmaking search that went wrong when first entering a matchmaking search.
- Fixed an issue where the suicide respawn time penalty was not applied if the player died from a fall in any way.
- Fixed an issue where anniversary visuals in the Halo: Combat Evolved campaign would slowly degrade after each mission load on Xbox Series X|S.
- Removed the “Disabled” option from displaying Unified Medals for Halo: Combat Evolved. This did the same as "Original" as there were no medals in the original Xbox version.
- Fixed an issue where zooming with a scoped weapon would cause the HUD to shake at higher FOVs.
- Fixed an issue where the player who was not the host of a co-op campaign session could not progress or complete a mission or playlist, which impacted achievements.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to be placed on the wrong team when starting a Halo 2: Classic custom game.
- Fixed an issue where audio could be heavily distorted during a Halo 2 Campaign split-screen session.
- Fixed broken or missing textures in several Halo 3 maps.
- Improved performance in Edge and Waterfall by changing how out-of-sight landscapes are handled.
- Fixed an issue where the Spartan model would not rotate correctly on preview when selecting a backpack customization.
- Fixed visual issues with ODSTCOMM leg armor on the right hip.
- Fixed visual issues with the ODSTDEMO knee armor on the preview model in the Customization menu.
- Added missing description text for Halo 3 animated visor colors.
- The ODST headset no longer displays gaps in the neck during gameplay when "new skins" are disabled.
- The in-game tech suit now displays the original first-person leg model during gameplay when "new skins" are disabled.
- Fixed a visual issue with a fan built into the ceiling near Blue spawn.
- Fixed various issues with unlit geometry throughout the environment.
- Fixed exploits allowing players to reach unwanted areas.
- Fixed various issues where players could throw objectives in inaccessible areas.
- The adjusted weapon appears all over the map based on insider feedback.
- Fixed an issue with weapons appearing off-center when initially loading onto the map.
- Fixed several exploits that allowed players to reach unexpected areas of the map.
- Fixed several spawn points not working properly.
- Fixed an issue where spawn areas had small limits when playing Assault and Capture the Flag modes.
- Fixed inconsistent sound effects when walking on energy based surfaces.
- Fixed an issue where players could throw objective items at locations that players couldn't reach.
- Fixed several areas with invisible bumps or uneven floors throughout the map.
- Fixed some grainy textures on Forerunner structures on the map preview image.
- Added top down plane to the loading screen for Edge.
- Fixed contextual visual issues with mist at the bottom of waterfalls.
- Fixed Forerunner room ambient audio to use the slight hum normally associated with Forerunner machines instead of UNSC ambient audio.
Halo 3: ODST
- Fixed an issue where mouse and keyboard prompts were not displayed in the VISR.
- Fixed an issue where the AKIS and MARINER helmets would not display the visor color during the Lone Wolf ending cutscene.
- First loadout in Firefight matches can now be selected.
- Fixed an issue where the Open Loadouts the menu would not use bounce keys, only the spacebar for multiplayer and Spartan operations.
- Fixed several visual issues in Reclaimer's closing cutscene, including flickering hair and Cortana visual effects. The team is still investigating improvements for the general stage lighting.
- Accidental ally chatter now uses localized voice lines.
- Fixed several points where objective markers were not placed correctly in the Reclaimer campaign mission and during some Spartan Ops missions.
A sample of fixes added after the last Halo Insider flight:
- Many fixes for the new Edge map, including fixed map geometry and elimination of exploits.
- Weapons and pickups now spawn correctly during SWAT matches on Edge and Waterfall.
- Fixed an issue in Halo: Combat Evolved where Active Camo would revert held weapons to their default textures.
- Fixed the Halo 3 Elite customization menu language to be consistent with other customization menus.
- Fixed some scripted Marine dialogue in the Halo: Combat Evolved campaign so that it plays as intended.
You can read more about the patch notes via the Halo Waypoint Site. Halo: The Master Chief Collection is available now on PC, Xbox Series X/S and Xbox One.
– This article was last updated on: June 23, 2022
GAME DEALSGet Twitch Prime for free now and get free in-game items, rewards and games