So say you catch up on a game on Steam and find out that people are playing an open beta of a new version of the game and you want to participate as well. Or maybe you got your hands on an access key for a beta version of the Steam game and need to know how to use it. Well, it's actually quite easy to opt into betas on Steam, and it can be done in a few simple steps. It's also worth noting that you can opt out of a beta by following these same steps if you need to disable it and return the game to normal.
- Find the game you want to beta in your Steam library
- Click on the gear labeled “Manage”
- Click on the Properties tab
- Go to the Betas tab
- (If the beta is public) Click on the drop-down bar and simply select the beta in question
- (If the beta needs a key) Enter a valid beta key, then select the newly unlocked beta
- The beta will automatically start installing and you're done
Having early access to a game's new features can be quite fun, but it's always a good idea to remember that since these are beta features, they might not work as smoothly as in the full version. of the update. In fact, you should even expect to find issues here and there, but you can always do the developers a favor and report the bug if they've implemented ways to do so. Doing this can really help smooth out the overall experience when features come out of beta. But with that in mind, have fun with some early access features in games that have betas on Steam.
GAME DEALSGet Twitch Prime for free now and get free in-game items, rewards and games