With the upcoming Pokémon Go Diamond and Pearl event highlighting mega raids centered around Lopunny, you might be looking for ways to prepare in order to counter the super boss Mega Evolved. In this guide, we'll cover all the best moves needed to complete a Mega Lopunny raid so you'll be prepared when the November raid events roll around.
Best Mega Lopunny counters in Pokemon Go
Mega Lopunny is a Normal/Fighting-type Pokemon, which means Psychic, Flying, Fighting, and Fairy-type moves will all prove super effective in battle. However, don't expect to win based on the type's effectiveness alone. This is still a Mega Raid, so you'll need to take out some terribly powerful Pokémon if you want to effectively challenge the Raid. Take a look at the list below for a list of the best matchups, minus any potential Shadow or Mega Pokemon on your team.
|Pokémon||fast attack||Charged Attack|
|Competition durr||To counter||Dynamic Punch|
|Moltres||wing attack||sky attack|
|Lucario||To counter||Aura Sphere|
- Mewtwo is your strongest option, as a legendary Seer who can and should be equipped with Confusion and Psystrike
- Hoopa is yet another Legendary Psychic not far from Mewtwo, his Confusion and Psychic moves will both prove powerful against Lopunny
- Latios can be equipped with Zen Headbutt and Psychic to make a super effective combo in this Mega Raid
- Competition durr is our first non-legendary recommendation, being a fighting type that can deal huge damage with Counter and Dynamic Punch
- Moltres, as an extremely powerful Flying-type Legendary, can deal massive damage with Wing Attack and Sky Attack
- Lucario is a Fighting-type Pokémon that can achieve high DPS using Counter and Aura Sphere
- Metagross, while not legendary, can still contribute greatly with its Psychic-type moves Zen Headbutt and Psychic
Of course, if you have Shadow versions of any of these Pokemon, it's highly recommended that you use them instead of your team base version. If you are in possession of Mega Evolved Pokemon, trade them in as well. A Mega Pidgeot with Flurry and Grave Bird is one of the strongest Pokémon available for this Mega Raid. Likewise, a Mega Charizard with Air Slash and Blast Burn is a strong contender that even ranks above some Legendaries.
Mega Lopunny Raid Schedule
Mega Lopunny will begin appearing in Raids starting with the Pokémon Go Diamond and Pearl event on November 16 and will continue to appear in Raids until December 1 at 10 a.m. local time. Essentially, if you're worried about missing something, you have plenty of time to go prepare for this Mega Raid before the event starts and even during it.
Recommended team size and weather conditions
Your number of players will greatly affect the speed and effectiveness of the raid. We recommend 4 players for your raid, but with a strong team you can theoretically complete the raid with 3 players or less. That said, beating Lopunny quickly will net you more Mega Energy, so try to make sure you play with as many players as possible.
Finally, the weather can impact Mega Lopunny's powers.
- Sunny/Clear weather will increase Mega Lopunny's Fire type attacks
- Partly cloudy weather will increase Lopunny's normal type attacks
- Cloudy weather will increase Lopunny's Fighting type attacks, but will also increase your Fairy and Fighting type counters
All in all, if you're barely scratching, weather conditions are worth considering. Sunny and partly cloudy are definitely the worst conditions to fight in, but cloudy weather can potentially push you over the edge if your team has a large enough health pool to take Lopunny's counterattacks.
With that, you should be fully prepared to fight Mega Lopunny in the upcoming Diamond and Pearl events. If you're looking for help with other areas of the game, you can find more Pokémon Go Idle guides here.
Pokémon GO is available for free on Android and iOS devices.