1.22 update has arrived for Minecraft Dungeons, and here is a list of all the changes and fixes added with this patch. This Minecraft Dungeon update brings new content. The Tower will be a new playable area, players will now be able to unlock new rewards and earn gear by beating each floor as they climb to the top. Besides this new area, the patch came with many fixes for the base game. Here's everything new with Minecraft Dungeons update 1.22.
Minecraft Dungeons Update 1.22 Patch Notes
Seasonal adventures have arrived in Minecraft Dungeons, with Season 1: Cloudy Climb! This version brings new features like the tower and a whole new reward progression system. Join weekly challenges to earn Adventure Points and work to unlock exclusive rewards, with each new season bringing new rewards, from treasured pets and fashionable flairs to emphatic emotes and captivating cosmetics.
The Tower is a new game area, available to all players as part of the free Cloudy Climb update.
In the Tower, the player controls an avatar: a character who initially has no gear, but slowly collects it through a selection of rewards you earn as you progress. The tower itself has 30 different floors, each harder than the last, and the goal is to get it as high as possible for the best rewards!
The tower is home to both familiar mobs and bosses from Minecraft Dungeons, but also a few new enemies. Not all tower dwellers are hostile, and some of them will help you on your way up by modifying the gear you collect. They can boost its power, upgrade it to a unique variant, or gild it.
The tower's floors will change every few weeks, giving you a limited window to master its current layout.
Seasonal Adventure Rewards and Progression:
A new progression system has been added to Minecraft Dungeons, unlocking new cosmetic rewards including capes, emotes, pets, flairs, and skins.
Adventure Points are earned through regular play or by completing weekly in-game challenges. The more points you earn, the higher your Adventure Rank increases, unlocking even greater rewards.
Accessing the Adventure Hub from The Camp allows you to see your current progress towards rewards and challenges. There is a free rewards track which is available to all players, as well as a premium track which is available to those who purchase the Season 1 Adventure Pass.
- With this version, you will discover and unlock 10 new achievements during your adventures!
- Unintentional rolling is now prevented by increasing the maximum controller dead zone to 100%
- Fixed a crash that could occur when swapping certain mid-attack melee weapons
- Fixed an issue that could cause data loss when shutting down a PC during a loading screen
- Players must now "hold to confirm" to pick up a banner from a raid captain, to prevent accidental pickup
- The "Back to Back" achievement now unlocks correctly
- The “Hearing Protection Recommended” achievement now correctly unlocks during online multiplayer sessions after meeting the criteria
- Players can no longer be killed during the opening cinematic on Gauntlet of Gales
- Fixed an area on Windswept Peaks that caused players to be thrown onto invisible ground by wind currents
- Windcaller mobs can no longer throw the player out of bounds on Gauntlet of Gales
- Fixed an invisible collision that could cause arrows to get stuck on End Wilds
- Fixed an area that allowed players to leave the playable area on Coral Rise, as well as an area on the minimap that appeared to be playable but was not
- Fixed an area that allowed players to leave the playable area on Windswept Peaks
- Fixed an area that allowed players to leave the Broken Citadel playable area
- Fixed an area that allowed players to leave the playable area on Creeper Woods
- Fixed some chests clipping through Frozen Fjord walls
- Fixed the mission objective not changing after collecting the conduit on the Abyssal Monument
- Reduced kernel size in Fiery Forge to prevent accidental triggering
- Fixed player view being blocked by foreground in an End Wilds area
- Corrupted seeds now behave consistently against flying mobs
- Fixed permanent damage reduction when using Ghostly Armor and Ghost Kindler
- Dual crossbows now correctly fire both projectiles at mobs much higher and lower than the player
- Fixed some Spookier Fall event gear not displaying proper glow effects when fully enchanted
- The old guardian is no longer stuck outside the player's attack range
- Ghasts no longer launch into the air after noticing players
- Skeleton Horsemen can no longer be stunned using certain artifacts
- Iceologist attacks can no longer be blocked by holding TNT
- Guardian Vex can no longer be enchanted by enchanters
- Ravagers now correctly perform their charge attack
- Jungle Abomination no longer ignores player summoned pets
- Poison Quill Vines no longer ignores player summoned pets
- Gravity Pulse enchantment now plays a sound effect when triggered
- Updated Ranged Dynamo enchantment description for clarity: “Adds damage to next attack after cast, with multiple casts stacking damage effect. »
- Fixed the Steal Tempo enchantment not triggering after a fatal hit
- Accessibility improvements and fixes for multi-screen text-to-speech
- Fixed slow wait times when signing in to a Microsoft account
- Level progress bar now displays correctly in upload/download menus for cloud saves
- Fixed "Until the End!" » success notification not appearing on Nintendo Switch
- Fixed incorrect translation of Arrows of Torment
The development team is aware of the following issues and will work to fix them in an upcoming game update:
- Tower progress is reset if internet connection is lost during a tower run
- Tower floor rewards cannot be compared with currently equipped gear when playing with controller/gamepad
- Game will crash if Microsoft account linking is skipped when first starting the game on PlayStation
- Adventure Points cannot be earned on new PlayStation accounts when starting the game for the first time. Restarting the game will resolve this issue
- Players will be taken out of the pause screen if their controller disconnects
- Magma cubes and flames can spawn or jump in lava and out of melee range in the tower
- Enchantment point values can become negative after gilding an enchanted item at the blacksmith
Along with the incredible amount of fixes to the game, the new tower will give players a new progression system full of rewards. Set new challenges while providing exciting new rewards. Players will have a limited time to beat all floors of the tower. Every few weeks the floors will change, keeping the challenge interesting by mixing up its layout.
Minecraft dungeons is available now on PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series S/X, Nintendo Switch and PS4. For more information on this fix, head over to the official Minecraft Dungeons Steam page.