Update #22 has arrived for Mordhau, and here is the full list of changes and fixes added with this patch. This patch is anything but small. Almost every aspect of the game has been tweaked, balanced, and fixed. One of the most impressive changes in this update is the fact that the developers managed to update the game from Unreal Engine 4.20 to 4.25.
This upgrade might not seem like a lot, but the developers assure that it will give them new tools and help them solve many underlying technical issues. They also added new cosmetic items, redesigned play areas, new Frontline variants, and more. Here's everything new with Mordhau Update #22.
Mordhau Update 22 Patch Notes
- Unreal Engine improved from 4.20 to 4.25
- Added Florentine set.
- Added Dacian Falx set.
- Added Bohemian Warhammer set.
- Added Bohemian Maul set.
- Added Wardart Javelin set.
- Added Hussar Armor Set.
- Added Sunray spear.
- Added cuirassier chest and legs.
- Added Kettle sallet with and without drink.
- Added Italian sabatons.
- Updated various item proportions and/or textures for Duke's Pollax, Burgundian Breastplate, Corazzina, Kastenbrust Faulds, and others.
- Adjusted horse hump, removing bumps from behind and significantly reducing side bumps.
- Shield wall can only be raised while idle now, fixing various exploits.
- Bloodlust reworked - no longer gives bonus health on kill, now starts regenerating health on kill immediately, which will stop if you back up or start a parry. Point cost adjusted.
- Missing now slows down combos, making it easier to punish a missed swing.
- Combination weapons can now parry on missed recoveries at a stamina cost (same as combo feint to parry, without having to do a combo, making it more accessible).
- Standing up to squat slowed down slightly.
- Overall attack lunge increased slightly.
- Overall knockback decreased slightly.
- Strike chamber window reduced by 20ms (strike and strike chamber window are now the same).
- Time to get rag after falling decreased from 1,25s to 1,5s.
- Adjusted movement: Start of sprint (partial sprint) is now slightly slower, but acceleration to max sprint speed is much faster. Landing a successful hit no longer puts players into a partial sprint, this means you retain your sprint speed on successful hits. Punishing runhau is now easier, closing gaps is faster, and traversing maps is less slow.
- Increased movement slowdown when enemy is very lightly parried/blocked.
- Kick on hit stamina gain reduced to 5.
- Kicks no longer shake attack builds (still shakes windup and early release).
- Feint kicks now cost 10 stamina.
- Shield Wall's active parry no longer blocks kicks.
- Parry recovery increased by 25ms to reduce double parries.
- Adjusted how attacks collide with the world, making it less likely to clip the environment with your weapon and stop your attack with world collision.
- Nobles now have increased health instead of a % damage reduction modifier. This means ranged and fire damage no longer deal proportionally more damage than melee damage.
- Parry no longer forces Slow Kick to reset, it now happens when you successfully block something. Fixes the use case of quickly recovering from a flinch to get a faster kick.
- Added longsword no miss combo to CombatTest.
- Toolbox is now prohibited in Skirmish.
- Killing peasants no longer hits stops.
- Flinch attacks no longer repel.
- Strikes will no longer be visible if they have already hit someone.
- Ripostes will now use the starting angle of the last block and not the start of the windup to peek, this prevents late ripostes from making weird 360 trails when rotated while parrying.
Weapons and equipment
- Smoke Bombs are now limited to a maximum of 1 per loadout.
- Beartrap no longer ragdolls if the planter is friendly/self.
- Beartrap now uses vertex pulling material when planted, allowing it to be seen better through clutter.
- Hearth now lasts 2 minutes before self-destructing.
- Adjusted catapult, now has less overall range but is faster to push.
- Slightly stricter Messer corks.
- The Eveningstar main mode caps are slightly tighter.
- Eveningstar main mode failures now drain 1 additional stamina.
- Polished hook range 5cm.
- Billhook Combo now faster.
- Billhook now deals more damage against plate armor (even HTK).
- Billhook's stamina negation increased to 13.
- Slightly stricter billhook hoods.
- Falx damage against T1 torso improved, can now be fired in one shot.
- Partisan stamina drain increased by 1.
- Lots of map optimizations.
- Various improvements and collision fixes.
- Updated the mountain peaks map layout.
- Redesigned map of Mountain Peak, Crossroads, Feitoria and Taiga for Brawl modes.
- Added visual improvements to Grad.
- Arena optimization and visual improvements.
- Fixed various sticking points.
- Horses no longer appear on the TDM camp.
- Various OOB volume improvements.
- Added new sets of WIP combat animations to CombatTest.
- New stun animations.
- Adjusted Polehammer and Bardiche armory pose to their new ranges.
- Improved IK grounding visuals and camera feel.
- Players could not travel to Grad Dungeon.
- Added some peasant weapons as purchasable by the Horde.
- Added all missing weapons to all maps.
- Tons of various horde improvements (AI behavior, AI stats, gear prices, navigation…).
- Difficulty now scales with the number of players on the team.
- Various bot behavior improvements.
- Fixed players being unable to launch attacks while flesh wounding at certain times.
- Added AdminActionsWebhookURL – allows server owners to specify a URL to post admin actions.
- Added methods to post admin actions to webhooks (mainly Discord).
- Some minor BR improvements added missing weapons in chests etc.
- Exposed Battle Royale to server browser.
- Assist damage to count as kills reduced from 75 to 50.
- Changes to how the AI acts if too many of their AI allies are on a single target.
- Bots will now use ladders less often.
- Added the ability to sever multiple limbs with a single attack.
- Fixed jumping and landing animations not playing when repeated in quick succession.
- Location updated.
- Fixed an MMR exploit.
- Minor chat command fixes.
- Fixed CustomPaks folder causing crashes.
- Matchmaking now prioritizes servers with the fewest open slots, which should result in a single server being filled instead of players being spread across multiple servers.
- Admins can now see votes from both teams.
- Preferred weapon mode is now remembered in most cases.
- Added early JSON RCON implementation (WIP).
- Disabled log output for voice spamming log.
- Lots of sound improvements and new sounds.
- Various sound optimizations.
- Added new sounds to siege engines.
- Added a separate voice volume slider (only affects voice lines, not grunts).
- The Lute now has new sounds and a lot more range in the notes it can strike (via the EquipmentCommand console command).
- Replaced emote/voice menu entries with an actual binding prompt.
- Changed the text of the "reset to defaults" button to white (instead of gray), so that it is not confused with a grayed out disabled button.
- Added a gamepad key prompt to the main menu "back" button.
- Added a report server shift button to the chat window.
- Fixed server browser breaking in 4:3 resolution, improved asset alignment.
- Toolbox build widget improvements: icon added, small text changes, now always indicates if placement is valid/invalid in UI (previously only indicated by red/green color change).
- Implement a new font system under the hood, localized fonts are now slightly different.
- Potential fix for "out of bounds"/retreat text stuck on screen.
- Fixed issue with commas in server browser ping field.
- Additional context menu options in chat box and dashboard.
- Improved BR dashboard functionality.
- Changed the "Network checksum mismatch" error message to "Game or mod version mismatch" to make it easier to understand.
- Match duration in the UI now correctly matches the value set on the server (was wrong on community/custom servers).
Among the combat changes, missing combos will now be easier to punish, feint to parry combos will be easier to perform, and now movement will be more streamlined and fun. All of these combat changes are going to shake things up for experienced players, so you'll have to relearn if you want to keep up with the new changes.
mordhau is available now on PC. For more information about this new update, visit their official Steam page.