An update will be released on July 15 for the Steam version of Nier: Automata, and here is the full list of changes and fixes added with this patch. The Steam version of Nier: Automata has suffered from performance issues and other issues since launch, but Steam users should now have a much better experience. The fixes in this update are similar to those featured in the Xbox Game Pass for PC version of the game. Here's everything new with the July 15th update for the Steam version of Nier: Automata.
Nier: Automata July 15 Steam Patch Notes
• Borderless video settings
Borderless video settings have been implemented.
• FX Loyalty
Fidelity FX CAS functionality has been added.
The system will now detect if HDR has been enabled in Windows display settings and automatically start the game in HDR mode if so.
Anti-Aliasing Feature Adjustments
• UI Textures (4K)
About 270 UI textures for icons, backgrounds and UI elements etc. now support 4K resolutions.
• Deleted scenes
Bitrate has been improved and all pre-rendered cut scenes adjusted, so they will now play at 60 frames per second and display in the correct aspect ratio without stretching the image.
• Global Illumination
A new "Global Illumination" feature has been implemented. This can be set to three different levels; High, medium or low.
• Occlusion/efflorescence ambiante
Render targets for ambient occlusion and bloom effects have been changed to dynamic resolution based on game resolution.
• It is now possible to switch between recently selected display modes for screenshots, such as between fullscreen and windowed mode or between borderless and windowed mode, by pressing the Alt keys simultaneously + Entrance.
• Mouse cursor no longer displays when using a gamepad.
• Frame rate has been stabilized at 60FPS in default settings.
Other stability-related fixes have also been implemented.
Nier: Automata is available now on PC, PS4 and Xbox One.
– This article was last updated on July 13, 2022