Update 3.68 has arrived for No Man's Sky, and here is the full list of changes and fixes added with this patch.
Hello Games is about to release a new update for No Man's Sky. The update is now available for the time being, but Hello Games has announced that it should be released on all platforms soon.
After releasing the Frontiers update a few weeks ago, many players noticed bugs. Several updates have since been released to fix gameplay and improve your experience. Remember to contact Hello Games for your feedback on recent updates.
Anyway, you can read the new bug fixes for this update. The full patch notes are posted below.
No Man's Sky Update 3.68 Patch Notes
- Introduced a number of optimizations for settlements and large bases.
- Fixed an issue that could cause some settlement buildings to be placed outside of the flattened area.
- Fixed an issue that could cause two NPCs to occupy the same chair.
- Improved colony NPC behaviors, so they group up and converse more often.
- Fixed a rare issue that could cause the colony mission to stall after modifying your colony.
- Fixed an issue that could cause interaction with the Settlement Tech Merchant to become stuck if interacting outside of the market.
- Fixed an issue that could cause two identical NPCs to spawn for a settlement decision.
- Fixed an issue that could cause an error when supplying materials to some specific small settlement buildings.
- Fixed an issue that could cause multiple bases on the same planet to share screenshots when viewed on the teleporter page.
- Fixed an issue that caused ladders to not work correctly when placed in cuboid rooms.
- Fixed an issue that prevented some corners from snapping properly.
- Fixed an issue that prevented some base floor pieces from flattening terrain.
- The base building recolor menu now has hover tips to display the color name.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to delete communication beacons.
- Fixed an issue that could count other players' items as your own for the purposes of planet item limits (e.g. Exocraft Geobays).
- Fixed a visual issue with short range teleporter wires.
- Fixed a number of visual issues with the Race Initiator.
- Improved the snapping behavior of a large number of base parts.
- Fixed an issue that caused some islands to disappear, leaving player bases floating or mission-related buildings underwater.
- Removed a number of obsolete catalog items.
- Fixed an issue that could cause some head elements to be visible when playing in first person.
- Fixed an issue that could allow players to prematurely start Space Anomaly story missions while on an Expedition.
- Fixed an issue that could cause previous Expedition saves to be reactivated when saving the Mappers Expedition.
- Introduced a number of memory optimizations for PS4 and PS5.
- Fixed a crash related to interactive objects.
- Fixed a crash related to base and settlement rendering.
- Fixed a number of physics-related memory leaks.
- Fixed a crash related to region decoration.
- Fixed a crash related to noise generation.
- Fixed a physics related crash.
- Fixed a rare issue that could block progress around mission portals.
- Fixed an issue that blocked mission progress in the Japanese version.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a software lockup when using mods on PC VR.
- Fixed an Xbox specific crash.
The information taken above comes from the game's official website. No Man's Sky is now available on PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S and Xbox One platforms.