Update 3.071 has arrived for No Man's Sky and here is the full list of changes and fixes added with this patch. The patch itself includes a number of bug fixes and issues with the game, including some rare game crashes that some players were experiencing. Known as the "Emergence Patch", the No Man's Sky update 3.71 patch notes were released on October 28, 2022. Here's everything new in No Man's Sky update 3.071 .
No Man's Sky Update 3.071 Patch Notes - (October 28, 2022)
As you can find in the patch notes below, a number of different fixes have been added to the game with this update. These range from quality of life improvements to fixes with things like UI and crashes. This includes optimizations for various aspects of No Man's Sky that allow for better rendering, base building, and physics.
- Fixed a number of rare cases where settlement buildings were not properly constructed.
- Fixed a rare issue where a construction terminal was not placed on a settlement construction site.
- Fixed an issue that could cause grass to appear in settlement buildings.
- Fixed an issue that could allow players to modify the terrain in settlements in rare circumstances.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent settlements from aligning properly with terrain (e.g. after terrain was changed).
- Fixed a number of base pieces that were incorrectly set as being able to change material or color, without having textures that support it.
- Base building wiring mode now only shows relevant building options and keeps the command bar at the top of the screen.
- Wire placement is now more responsive and does not erase wiring snap points.
- Fixed a general issue that could cause base parts to delete other nearby parts when selected for deletion.
- Fixed a snagging issue with wall screens.
- Fixed an issue that prevented ramps from altering the terrain when placed.
- Building piece snap points are now smaller when away from the center of the screen and larger when pointed.
- Fixed issue with Moon Pool legs.
- Fixed a number of snagging issues with small triangular base pieces.
- Fixed a collision issue with pressure pads.
- Fixed an issue that could cause base part snap points to display in the wrong position.
- Fixed a snapping issue when connecting cuboid rooms to vertical corridors.
- Fixed a snagging issue when stacking cuboid pieces.
- Fixed an issue that could cause large rooms to hide their roofs when installing technologies (such as solar panels) above them.
- Fixed an issue that caused large pieces to not properly clip terrain when placed.
- Fixed a collision issue with alloy interior corner roof pieces.
- Fixed collision issue with hanging lights.
- Fixed an issue that prevented floor tiles from clipping terrain properly.
- Fixed an issue that prevented construction of Expedition Reward items on Freighter Bases.
- Fixed a number of issues where the player would get stuck in object or terrain physics.
- Fixed an issue that could clear particle effects too soon, cutting off the effect.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to hover above chairs when seated.
- Fixed an issue that caused text to print instantly rather than typing it into the last box of a multi-sequence dialog.
- Fixed an issue that could cause incorrect collision on trees and other large plants.
- Introduced a message to notify users when they cannot log into matchmaking because they have been banned.
- Fixed a number of text and description issues in the Quicksilver Shop.
- Fixed an issue that caused the secondary hazard warning bar to appear misaligned on the HUD.
- Fixed an issue that caused incorrect hover detection on the title screen in some resolutions.
- Fixed a number of mob spawn issues that made finding rare mobs more difficult than intended.
- Fixed an issue that prevented underwater corridors from clipping terrain correctly when placed.
- Sandworm companions now speak correctly using horrible, untranslatable text.
- An option has been added to the Controls Options page to change the strength of camera shake effects.
- Fixed a number of visual issues in the Exosuit initialization process that occur when starting a new game.
- Fixed an issue that caused Bio Horrors to incorrectly launch bounce attacks over long distances.
- The Expedition Milestone "Their Smells" will now use target scanning if nearby eggs are detected.
- Fixed an issue that prevented "Edit Active Multi-Tool" from being bound to a hotkey.
- Fixed a very rare UI crash.
- Fixed a rare crash on shutdown.
- Introduced a number of systemic improvements and optimizations to the rendering of particle effects.
- Introduced an optimization to improve the speed at which settlement buildings are loaded and placed.
- Introduced a number of rendering optimizations.
- Introduced a number of base building optimizations.
- Introduced a number of physics optimizations.
With the release of the patch notes for update 3.71, Hello Games says the fix should be available on all platforms soon. Throughout next week, Expedition 4: Emergence will be a seasonal event. In the expedition, the planets were infested with Titan worms that plow the land. There are a number of new features in this Expedition and can be found in detail on the Hello Games site.
No Man's Sky has been continuously updated with free content since its rocky launch in 2022. This unique space exploration title is available on PlayStation, Xbox, and PC.