0.4.1.0 update has arrived for Phasmophobia, and here is the full list of changes and fixes added with this patch. Phasmophobia has received many updates over the past couple of months. Some of the updates have brought changes to the graphics, items, mechanics and even game features. Besides the many bug fixes and adjustments that have been implemented. This update brings a few small changes, so you shouldn't expect a game-changing tweak from this one. Here's everything new in the Phasmophobia 0.4.1.0 update.
Phasmophobia Update 0.4.1.0 Patch Notes
To help combat some very hard-to-identify ghosts, we've added new questions to the Ouija board so you can get a rough idea of your sanity percentage.
- The Ouija board is now guaranteed to be on Nightmare difficulty.
- You can now ask the Ouija board about your sanity in a variety of ways.
- Different questions will yield different answers.
- The combination of these answers can give you a very good idea of your mental health.
- Asking questions about your sanity will only drain it a little.
- Less useful Ouija board questions now drain your sanity much less.
- Moved some Ouija board spawn points to avoid clipping with stash blockers.
- Ghosts that change favorite room are now bound to sanity. Better sanity, fewer room changes!
- There is now a shortcut between the entrance and the campfire area in Maple Lodge Campground.
- Heavy rain has received new visuals.
- More photos have been added.
- Time can now pass through the wire mesh ceilings of the prison cellblocks.
- Ghosts now have a maximum range to switch favorite rooms.
- Goryo will now always drop DOTS evidence on Nightmare difficulty.
- Obake will now always drop fingerprint evidence on Nightmare difficulty.
- Fingerprints now have a 100% chance of spawning, up from 75%.
- Fingerprints now last 2 minutes before disappearing.
- Obake's strength has been adjusted to accommodate fingerprint changes.
- Fingerprints can now be left on small tents, picnic benches, coolers, wooden poles, and log seats in Maple Lodge Campground.
- The amount of hidden blockers has been adjusted in all locations and on all difficulties.
- Camp Lights, String Lights, and Campfire Light have been adjusted to prevent loss of sanity like other lights.
- Ghosts now have a much lower chance of switching favored parts on Professional and Nightmare.
- Reduced chance of ghosts wandering long distances.
- Fog color, night vision, and ghost orbs have been adjusted to improve in-game visibility in foggy weather.
- Increased interaction rate for ghosts on Nightmare difficulty to match Professional difficulty.
- Optimized all weather conditions for better performance.
- Optimized trees and other foliage at Maple Lodge Campground for best performance.
- Clock ticking and white noise sounds now loop seamlessly.
- In VR, you will no longer grab the tent door when trying to grab a nearby prop.
- Ghost events will no longer stop if you leave the room or move too far away from the ghost.
- Fixed several tent collision issues.
- Fixed several safe spots on the Maple Lodge campsite.
- Fixed several places where the player could get stuck on the Maple Lodge campsite.
- Fixed a safe spot under the bed in the Edgefield Street House Nursery.
- Fixed a bug where Raiju's weakness was not working properly.
- Fixed a bug where you could teleport to the Tanglewood house through the yellow barricades.
- Fixed a bug where placing a sound sensor on the ground would not show it on the map.
- Fixed a bug where placing a sound sensor on the ground would not allow it to work properly.
- Fixed a bug where falling candle could start a hunt from an Onryo.
- Fixed a bug where the ghost was completely invisible instead of only casting shadows.
- Fixed a bug where other players' microphone volume would reset when returning to the lobby.
- Fixed a bug where some light switches were not giving fingerprint photo evidence.
- Fixed a bug where multiple showers were not interactive.
- Fixed a bug where some showers had two shower heads.
- Fixed a bug where several bones were not giving evidence of bone photos.
- Fixed a bug where asking multiple questions to the Ouija board would cause answers to overlap.
- Fixed a bug where dropping the Ouija board in VR would prevent it from falling to the ground.
- Fixed a bug where hideouts could still be blocked on Amateur.
- Fixed a bug that prevented lights from resetting their brightness after blinking.
- Fixed a bug where players could talk on the walkie-talkie near a hunting ghost.
- Fixed a bug where ghosts could change favorite rooms to one on the opposite side of the slot.
This update brought many bug fixes like the previous one, but also brought some changes and additions to the game. Now the Heavy Rain weather effect has new visuals and can pass through the mesh ceiling of cell blocks in the prison. The Ouija board has received several tweaks that punish players much less for making mistakes and asking the board the wrong questions. If you were one of the many players who experienced performance issues with the latest update, we have good news for you. Made some optimizations to new Map Lodge Campsite weather effects, trees and foliage for better performance.
If you missed the latest update, be sure to read our latest article for all the details that came with the 0.4.0 update.
Phasmophobia is available now on PC. For more information on this update, visit their official Steam page. You will find all the details of this update there.