2.53 update arrived for PlanetSide 2, and here is the full list of changes and fixes added with this patch.
This patch was released on March 25, 2022 and it is specific to the PS4 version of the game. Apart from bug fixes, the developer is also noting when they will release Chapter 3 for the game.
Maintenance for this patch has already ended, so you should be able to log in and download the update the next time you boot up your PS4 console. It does not appear if other versions have an update at the moment.
Anyway, you can check out the developer's patch notes below.
PlanetSide 2 Update 2.32 Patch Notes
Amerish, Esamir, Hossin, and Indar now have a “partially” stabilized state that creates additional territory paths along the edge of the continent, in addition to the path in the center.
- “Partial” stabilization occurs in 75 players on the mainland, or after 3 hours.
- "Full" stabilization occurs in 200 mainland players, or after 5 hours.
The intent behind these changes is to increase combat density off continents and during low pop hours, and to avoid ghost capping off continents. Previous changes have gone too far in this regard, and the partial stabilized state will allow for more combat zones.
As mentioned in last week's article, we are pushing back the start date for Chapter 03 and starting to test the new content with an internal group. The new start and end dates for Chapter 03 will be from April 16 to May 30.
You can read the latest dev letter talking about our progress with Chapter 03 here: https://www.planetside2.com/news/chapter-3-progress-update
Miscellaneous Changes, corrections and additions
- When a player has disabled incoming announcements, they will no longer be able to send announcements themselves. You will still be able to receive testimonials from your friends list and outfit mates.
- The loadout selection in the map screen drop-down menus now has appropriately sized text.
- NSO LB00 Python AP can now unlock and upgrade attachments.
- NSO characters can now gain directive progression for gunnery fire for vehicles summoned by non-NSO characters.
- Hellion from NSO Valkyrie now has a wind-up time, like other factions' versions.
- NSO's CQC primary directive now shows a silver medal for Adept level, instead of gold.
- Fixed an issue where multiple tabs could display in the vehicle horns section of the loading screen.
PlanetSide 2 is out now on PC and PS4. For more information on today's patch, you can visit the game's official forums.
GAME DEALSGet Twitch Prime for free now and get in-game items, rewards and free games