Update 1.07 arrived today, November 2, for Psychonauts 2, and here is the full list of changes and fixes added with this patch. This patch adds a handful of new features and fixes a wide range of bugs. Most notably, this update adds checkmarks to the location selection menu to indicate if you've found all the collectibles in a level, and a bonus Psychoseismometer is unlocked in Otto's Lab for players to unlock enemy achievements during the post-game. This patch also improves touch controls for those playing Psychonauts 2 via xCloud streaming. Here's everything new with Psychonauts 1.07 update 2.
Psychonauts 2 Update 1.07 Patch Notes
- Bonus Psychoseismometer unlocked in Otto's Lab after completing Gisu's quest, unlocking enemy achievements during the post-game state.
- Checkmarks appear in the location selection menus to indicate whether all collectibles in a location have been found.
- Otto-Spot photo filter to display collectibles in Otto-Shot photo mode.
View all available creatives in the creative viewer menu, even if you haven't found them yet.
- General stability improvements for all platforms.
- Improved environmental collisions to prevent the player and objects from falling through walls and floors infrequently.
- Fixed falling death and water curse issues, and preventing them from being broken if interrupted by a cutscene.
- Fixed duplicate characters and stray animations appearing in some cutscenes.
- Fixed an issue that could cause flickering around objects submerged in water.
- Improve save checkpoints to prevent player save data from falling into a bad state.
- Improve photo mode stability.
- Expand the mental health warning message.
- HUD improvements to prevent extra health brains from spawning.
- Improve the resolution and stability of the PS4 version on PS5.
- Pause the PC version when the controller is unplugged.
- Standardize PC controls between cutscenes and dialogue trees.
- Improve xCloud streaming touch controls.
We loved Psychonauts 2, giving it a 4,5/5 star rating in our review. We praised the writing style and the art, saying, "Anyone who's ever missed this series can either jump straight into this new adventure or use it as an excuse to check out what's been going on." all the hype about the past 16 years. Either way, they'll find a fun and unique platformer full of charm and hilarious, yet heartwarming writing. If you haven't checked out the game on Xbox Game Pass yet, now is a great time to do so.
Psychonauts 2 is available for PC, PS4, Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S. For more information on this patch, visit the Psychonauts 2 Steam page.