Update 1.04 is almost here for Rust Console Edition, and here is the full list of changes and fixes added with this patch.
The developer and publisher of Rust has now released a new update for the console edition of the game. The update is patch number 1.04 and it is available on August 3, 2022.
Server maintenance is already done, so you don't need to wait for any downtime. The update should be available for download for all platforms.
There is no new content released for this update. The update mainly aims to fix a few bugs and add a lot of quality of life improvements. Some crashing issues have also been fixed.
Anyway, you can read the full patch notes below.
Rust Console Edition Update 1.04 Patch Notes
- Plugging/unplugging headset and microphone will no longer crash Xbox players.
- Fixed several UI crashes.
- Fixed several crashes that occur when loading the game.
- Fixed a crash that could occur with a flamethrower
- Fixed site launch window exploit. Players will no longer be able to use it to access the Launch Site monument.
- Fixed the bug allowing players to build too close to safe areas.
- Fixed the profanity filter being too sensitive when blocking a player's reason for reporting another player.
- Fixed the issue preventing players from planting pumpkins and corn in the pot.
- Fixed chairs causing some players to rubber band.
- Fixed the issue that caused players to be invisible when sitting on the Bandit Camp chairs
- Fixed "Internet connection not detected, please reconnect to a stable network and try again." " Error message.
Improved quality of life and performance:
- Players can now pick up the work bench while equipped with a hammer.
- Increased planting distance between plants (pumpkins/corn) to be more in line with PC distances. This will reduce server lag and should improve performance.
- Disable planting near monuments.
- Reduced the number of pumpkin and corn seeds.
- Fixed Xbox controllers not being reacquired after disconnecting.
- Fixed an issue that caused the player list to be invisible.
- Sleeping players will now be killed in safe areas or directly outside the compound.
- Fixed Xbox percentages for achievements.
- Updated Xbox invite system to work properly.
Graphics and user interface:
- Fixed the issue where players were unable to see the player model once they open the inventory.
- Updated icons for bandages, big medical kit and medical syringe. Also updated the material for the bandages to match.
For more information about this update, you can visit the official website. Rust is available now on PC, PS4 and Xbox One platforms.