(It's just a price I give her)
Last night the British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) held its annual BAFTA Games Awards, which saw a cavalcade of excellent releases from 2022 line up in the hope of receiving recognition from Britain's premier academy of arts and media.
And when the curtain finally fell on the evening's festivities, Supergiant Games' Hades emerged with the heaviest bag of trophies, having scooped a total of five awards across numerous categories. The fantasy dungeon crawler won the gongs for Art Direction, Game Design and Storytelling, with actor Logan Cunningham taking home the Supporting Role award for his work voicing many underworld characters. Hades ended the evening by winning the coveted Best Game award – a series of deserved accolades for a brilliant release.
Despite being nominated in 13 categories, Naughty Dog's The Last of Us Part II only managed to win three awards: Best Animated Feature, People's Choice EE Game of the Year, and actor Laura Bailey won the lead role for her excellent portrayal. of dual protagonist/antagonist Abby Anderson. Nintendo's Animal Crossing: New Horizons won Best Multiplayer and "Game Beyond Entertainment". Flying the flag for little guys, Phobia Entertainment took home the Best Debut award for their gooey body horror title, Carrion.
Congratulations to all the winners and nominees. There was a lot to dislike in 2022 but, if nothing else, there's no denying that our favorite pastime absolutely knocked it out of the park with blow, after blow, after blow. See the full list of winners below.
- Animation: The Last Of Us Part II
- Artistic achievement: Underworld
- Audio production: Fantôme by Tsushima
- British game: Sackboy: a great adventure
- Game in progress: Sea of Thieves
- Family: Sackboy: a great adventure
- Game Beyond Entertainment: Animal Crossing: New horizons
- Multiplayer: Animal Crossing: New horizons
- Music: Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales
- Original property: Kentucky Route Zero: Edition TV
- Performer in a leading role: Laura Bailey (pour The Last of Us Part II)
- Performer in a supporting role: Logan Cunningham (for Hades)
- Technical achievement: Dreams
- EE Game of the Year: The Last Of Us Part II