1.26 update has arrived for Terrariums, and here is a list of all the changes and fixes added with this patch. This Terraria update brings new features while fixing old ones. The additions may be few, but the number of fixes makes up for it. From simple multiplayer fixes to UI and graphics issues. Here's everything new in Terraria's 1.26 update.
Terraria Update 1.26 Patch Notes
- Move the sun! You can now control the sun and moon in the frontend menu by holding RT/R2 + right stick. To try!
- He is back! It's once again possible to use the PS4 Dualshock controller's touchpad to zoom in and out of the world and transition between the world and the map!
- In Settings >> Controller >> Pinch Zoom World and Pinch Zoom Map are now available.
- Based on player feedback, we've fixed hotbar navigation when a dynamic hotbar item is bound to a hotbar slot, making it easier to jump into the bar of access.
- Improved mouse and keyboard support at all levels. The keyboard links for inventory management are now closer to the PC.
- Use Shift/Ctrl/Alt+Click to Quick Deposit/Sell, Quick Trash, and Favorite Items.
- Press Alt + left click to toggle vanity visibility on gear (this differs from PC, pressing Alt changes the cursor to an eye and you can click anywhere in the slot).
- In Settings >> Keyboard and Mouse >> Quick Trash can be set to Shift+click or Ctrl+click.
- Improved world creation speed!
- Improved startup time, the game now starts a little faster!
Multiplayer and split screen
- Fixed dummies losing items when placed by the host and not being seen by other players.
- Fixed an issue in multiplayer where an item would be lost if held while a chest was closed.
- Fixed 2+ player in splitscreen being immune to projectiles.
- Fixed a few issues where open menus were causing navigation conflicts or in-game navigation issues in split-screen and multiplayer.
- Fixed issues where open menus interfered with participation in multiplayer games.
- Fixed the issue where users could not navigate the Options menu during multiplayer if their network connection was lost while a menu was open.
- Fixed item pick up delay when host throws an item to another player.
- Fixed many crashes
- Fixed some crashes reported by players when the player encounters certain trees in their 1.3 worlds.
- Fixed the crash when the painter's house is in a sacred snow graveyard biome and tries to open its shop.
- Fixed a bug on PS4 where some worlds could not be hosted or caused a crash when moving to a heavily built-up area (many items placed in one place).
And many more fixes!
- Fixed the issue where some players were unable to unlock the Pet Collector achievement. Please let us know if you're still having a problem by reporting a bug in the forums!
- Fixed! Housing menu should be easier to navigate/query/assign NPCs now!
- Fixed the issue where players could not quickly equip an item from a Chest, as long as there was no conflicting link for Use Linked Item in Settings.
- Fixed controller binding for search! You can now open the Research menu directly from an inventory item. You can find it in Settings >> Controller >> Controller Bindings: Edit >> Inventory and bind research item!
- Fixed some UI visual and graphical issues.
- Fixed displaying a hairstyle outside of the hairstyle list menu.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the player from continuing to play if they died while a text input box was open.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes when using a crafting station, items could spawn at the location of a locked enemy.
- Fixed Travel mode item pickup range to match PC. It is now possible to throw inventory items without immediately picking them up!
- Fixed multi-line editing on signs and tombstones for PS4.
- Sorry Xbox players, this is a more difficult solution to add as it is not supported by the default Xbox text input system.
- Fixed a bug where the frame rate drops when the housing menu is open and you have a lot of NPCs.
- Fixed the issue where the summon tag on enemies could disappear if you moved too far away from the enemy, making it difficult to tell who your summon was targeting.
- Fixed the issue where the biome artwork behind the map scaled incorrectly depending on the zoom level of the UI and especially in split screen.
- Fixed a graphical issue in tutorial dialogs.
- Fixed missing controller prompt in tutorial dialogs.
This hotfix is for console versions of Terraria. The Xbox and PS4 versions of the game are the ones getting all of these fixes, so PS4 and Xbox gamers will be pleased with this fix. The number of fixes is astonishing to say the least.
Terrariums is available now on PC, PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, Google Stadia, Android and iOS systems. For more information on this update, visit the official Terraria website.