22.214.171.124 update arrived for Not Returned, and here is the full list of changes and fixes added with this patch. Some of the changes implemented in this patch attempt to improve the performance of the game, allowing players to fully enjoy the experience without nervously staring at the frame-per-second counter every time they enter a heavily populated area. Here's everything new with the 126.96.36.199 Unturned update.
- Pooling (recycling) barricades and structures to improve multiplayer performance.
- Accepted multiple curated workshop skins.
- Profanity filter replaced with a Steam text filter for performance reasons. The old naive filter can be re-enabled with the "-NoSteamTextFiltering" command line flag.
- Improved CPU and RAM usage of clothes. Previously, textures were combined on the CPU rather than a shader.
- Custom clothing can now disable the CPU-readable flag and is no longer limited to 128×128.
- The fishing catch timer is not random.
- Grid snapping when moving on a plane.
- Use the exit position of the vehicle when recording the passenger position.
- Slight discoloration to face of plush item.
- Include the Level.hierarchy file in the level hash.
This update extends the base building optimizations of Update 188.8.131.52 by regrouping barricades/structures that were previously loaded. Rather than destroying these items when an area is unloaded, they are now recycled (gathered) and reused in the next loaded area. Many code changes and optimizations have been made for each type of barricade (e.g. generators, dummies, signs) to take advantage of this performance boost, so there will likely be some unusual bugs to track down.
Barricades/structures modified with custom logic may require modifications before they become pooling compatible. As a workaround, pooling can be disabled per item by adding the line "Eligible_For_Pooling false" to their .dat file.
Overall, these changes are going to have a positive impact on game performance on several PC configurations. If you want to read the full patch notes, be sure to head over to the game's Steam page, you'll find everything you need.
Not returned is available now on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.