Use AirPlay to stream video or mirror your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Use AirPlay to share or stream content from your Apple devices to Apple TV, AirPlay 2-enabled smart TV, or Mac. Stream a video, share your photos or mirror the content displayed on the device screen.Contents hide 1 Cast video from iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to TV 1.1 If video automatically streams to device with AirPlay 2 Mirror your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to TV or Mac
Cast videos from an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to a TV
- Connect the device to the same Wi-Fi network as Apple TV or AirPlay 2.1-enabled Smart TV
- Find the video you want to stream.
- Touch AirPlay. In some apps, you may need to press another button first. 2 For example, in the Photos app, tap Share, then tap AirPlay.
- Select the Apple TV or smart TV that supports AirPlay 2.
To stop streaming content, tap AirPlay in the app you're streaming from, then tap iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch in the list.
1. SharePlay is not compatible with AirPlay-enabled smart TVs 2. To stream video with SharePlay, use an Apple TV.
2. Some video apps may not be compatible with AirPlay. If you can't AirPlay with a video app, check your Apple TV's App Store to see if the app is available.
If a video automatically streams to a device with AirPlay
Your device can automatically stream videos to your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-enabled smart TV that you use most often. If you open a video app and look at the top left corner, it means an AirPlay device is already selected.
To use AirPlay with another device, tap, then tap another device. Or tap again to stop AirPlay streaming.
Mirror your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to a TV or Mac
- Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV, AirPlay 2-enabled smart TV, or Mac.3
- Open the Control Center:
- On iPhone X or later, or iPad with iPadOS 13 or later, swipe down from the top-right corner of the screen.
- On iPhone 8 or earlier, or iOS 11 or earlier, swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Screen mirroring.
- Select Apple TV, AirPlay 2-enabled Smart TV, or Mac from the list.
- If an AirPlay code appears on your TV or Mac screen, enter the code on your iOS or iPadOS device.
Publication date: December 09, 2022
Don't forget to share the article with your friends!